WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

seems like a scammer. i recently responded to an ad for a house for rent in MKE that seemed like a stupid good deal and got this email back:

Greetings,

Grace and peace to you from God our Father, through Jesus Christ our Lord and risen Savoir, amen.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding my rental home located at ______________. My name is Andy Birner and my wife's name is Rose Birner. I serve as the Council Secretary at Our Savior's Lutheran Church and my wife works at the Volunteer department, I'm telling you this so you could get to know who we are. I would like you to know we just moved to Texas. Due to the Church projects going on in Garland, Dallas, Mesquite, Texas. and we are going to be in Texas for at least a minimum of Six years before we complete our assignment. This has been the reason why we are given out our beautiful home to bless a God fearing family that are homeless or that probably need a place to call home. We are looking for responsible tenant who will take over the house in our absence and take absolute care of the property while we are away. As a matter of fact, My wife and I are handling the renting together, because my wife and I want to be sure of whom will be taking over the property in our absence. 

House address: __________________
Rent per month: $800
Security deposit: $800
Total move in cost: $1,600
Large 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
Living building square footage: 1,576
All utilities are included in the rent.

RENTAL APPLICATION 

Applicant Personal Information

(proceeds to ask for your life's information)

We look forward to hear from you soonest at your convenient with the rental application form above filled out so we can discuss further with the renting process. Please you can only drive by to look at the house from the outside for now if you would like to view the house or to verify the address because is currently locked for security purpose. 

Thank you and God be with you. 

Mr and Mrs Birner.

and here's another response i've received various versions of from ads which are 'to good to be true'. this was for a camera for sale

Hey A guy just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here (scam/virus/ad website address) and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time.
All the best
Diana

@straight6pwr My wife and I fell victim to a scammer when we were looking for places to rent before we moved to Stoughton a few years ago.  The guy had the balls to schedule a fucking viewing at the house.  We drove from Greenfield to Madison and when we showed up it had a "Sold" sign over the listing which confused us since we were under the impression is was for rent.  We called the listing agent and they confirmed that it was never for rent.  We called the guy who set up the viewing and my wife ripped him a new one.  Thankfully we never sent any deposit like he was requesting.  Fucking scumbags.

3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

@straight6pwr My wife and I fell victim to a scammer when we were looking for places to rent before we moved to Stoughton a few years ago.  The guy had the balls to schedule a fucking viewing at the house.  We drove from Greenfield to Madison and when we showed up it had a "Sold" sign over the listing which confused us since we were under the impression is was for rent.  We called the listing agent and they confirmed that it was never for rent.  We called the guy who set up the viewing and my wife ripped him a new one.  Thankfully we never sent any deposit like he was requesting.  Fucking scumbags.

that blows! wow.

11 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Can I have someones arm and leg for this beaut? B) Prob will be out of everyone's budget once the auction is done but I thought it was worth sharing this beauty.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-m5-2/ 

Wow!  Talk about gorgeous!  That interior may have just become my favorite.  I'd be afraid to drive a car like that in such pristine condition.

23 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I deleted the picture of the side shot, but who the heck does this dude think he is kidding?! 
"Yeah, someone came out and smashed my wheel so hard from the side that it bent the control arms, and destroyed the entire profile of the wheel."

no joke. The angle of how the wheel sits (bent inward on the bottom half) indicates rage drifting into a curb. The entire rim being ripped up on the edges indicates wheel was spinning, and on top of that the tires have obvious concrete scuffs all over them. 

It's painfully obvious that he's completely lying.