WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I get it but for fucks sake you can buy an s54 for half the price or just buy a euro e36 m3.

Have you seen how much e36 m3's sell for in europe? It's insane. They're not cheap like ours lol. Clean e36 non m coupes are starting to fetch some big money over there now too. 

21 minutes ago, Earl said:

Have you seen how much e36 m3's sell for in europe? It's insane. They're not cheap like ours lol. Clean e36 non m coupes are starting to fetch some big money over there now too. 

I have.  Ebay.uk has quite a few for less than $10k which is around the same price as nice e36's are selling right now over here.  Evo models are over $10k.

Idk 8k is cheap for an s50b32 swap compared to what they have been in the past. You'd be pressed to find one for that price without a trans usually. Not to mention they claim it only has around 42,000 miles on it. That thing is basically brand new lol

16 hours ago, Snap said:

They arent in the minority for having a remote mounted turbo, they are in the minority for having an Intercooler on a remote mount turbo

seems, redundant?

i can imagine why he did this though, packaging a turbo in any m60/m62 car would be a goddamn nightmare.

however, he should have just supercharged the sumbitch.

10 minutes ago, Snap said:

We need a remote mounted supercharger. Connect it to a drive wheel, that way the boost is linear in relation to speed and the faster you go the faster you go

Supercharger attached to the output of the diff, pushing out like 5 psi per mph. Let it bleed off excess pressure until you hit 60 or 70 then shut off the fuel and run on pure compressed air for as long as you want to go. Infinity mpg!

nyuton1.png?w=350&h=200&crop=1

Newton is skeptical.