WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

On 7/20/2016 at 9:34 AM, Boris3 said:

Ignore the m20 and the seller's swap suggestion for the moment. The bigger picture is that with the stupid price escalation of e30 m3s in good condition ($30-40k) and pristine up to $80-90k there is an upward pull on all things e30 m3. Rolling shells have appeal even needing work, and there are buyers out there. For example http://www.ebay.com/itm/262313105535 (though from other threads we know that until the money is in hand, and ebay sale is just an ebay sale)

All that said, I'm with you that the absence of an s14 seriously hurts the value... and why oh why would someone drop an m20 in an e30 M3????

no doubt man. dunno if you ever knew Mladen Grgic but he was a cca instructor who also happened to be my boss for a while and got me into tracking cars. He had an E30 m3 with about 115k on it, basically stock except for an exhaust kit, and ended up selling it a couple years ago to a guy who already had 8 E30 m3's, one of which had 5000 original miles. He said he wouldn't take less than 80k for it if he ever went to sell it. I believe he could get even more at this point in time with that kind of mileage. 

I'd love to have one someday but it's just like my dream of having a clean, stock MKIV Supra - the prices are soaring and not stopping anytime soon. It's so wildly unrealistic to spend so much money on something like that. 

Whatever though, I'm sure this kid will sell his car to someone who at least has the option to make it legit given the cost of entry to the e30 m3 game.

regarding that E30 race car - if VAC MOtorsports built the engine, and it blew up after a few hours of track use due to loss of oil pressure, does anyone else here think there should be more to that story? Like, how does a fresh build like that blowing up go unanswered by VAC ? 

Either way, F that is a lot of money for a track car. I'm sure it puts down better lap times than my E30, but I doubt the difference in seconds even remotely comes close to the $19,000 price difference, plus a motor that needs rebuild or replacement. The only real difference between that and my car is a full cage and an M3 chassis. 

14 minutes ago, CMart said:

No longer posted, what were the details on this one?

1990 E30 M3 in white. No engine/trans, most of the interior gone too. Looked like the drivers floor was a little rusty and they said it had some other small rust spots as well, also had a flood title. Asking price was 12k. 

2 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/5703461276.html

on my search for an e30, i've talked to some interesting people. this guy from the craigs ad emailed me. he is asking $13,000 for his ebay taillights, no front lip/fogs, 100k mile 318is.

:rolleyes:

I remember a thread on BF.c where he bought the car for 9k a few years ago. I think he was on here at one point believe it or not