WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

Anyone else like the idea of buying an e46 M3 with a broken SMG trans and converting the trans to manual?!? I think this is the way I can afford one

That is an Excellent idea!!  Not sure how feasible it is, you might end up spending more on parts that a decent pre-assembled manual car would have cost. SMG M3's are just sad.

Anyone else like the idea of buying an e46 M3 with a broken SMG trans and converting the trans to manual?!? I think this is the way I can afford one

That is an Excellent idea!!  Not sure how feasible it is, you might end up spending more on parts that a decent pre-assembled manual car would have cost. SMG M3's are just sad.

You can convert the smg to manual for like nothing especially if you are me. Some minor drilling and a couple new parts(clutch too!) and you are in the game. I've seen the smg cars go for very little and it's the same internals as the 420g.I want one with broken smg pump :)

Talked to the owner last week and he sent me tons of pictures of the car, looks like a really clean example. Says its not starting/running rough from sitting and the A clutch pack blew out on the trans. If its still around towards the end of the month I might pick this up. 

You need to step away from M20's. Get into M30's and you'll never look back!

• 2 weeks later...