WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

gorgeous car, for sure. all the upgrades!

i bet the bringatrailer monkeys fuddled with the engine designation. it should be called an m60b44, or an m60 stroker. the m62tu suggests it has vanos, which this car wouldnt have anymore with m60 heads. 

The replacement 4.4-liter M62TUB44 V8 has reportedly been fitted with ported and polished M60 cylinder heads

On 8/8/2021 at 11:18 PM, straight6pwr said:

gorgeous car, for sure. all the upgrades!

i bet the bringatrailer monkeys fuddled with the engine designation. it should be called an m60b44, or an m60 stroker. the m62tu suggests it has vanos, which this car wouldnt have anymore with m60 heads. 

Since, the m60b44 designation was never used by BMW, and if a TU short block was used for the frankenmotor I could see their confusion.  In my view, it's better without the vanos.

15 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Super cool car, looks like the drivers door was repainted or something at one point. 

I would venture the car has had a respray in it's life since it had north of 250k before the Frankenstein conversion/restoration.  It's great props to Jason's restoration and the Socal climate that it looks this unbelievable now.  The detail pics are just mind boggling. The black wood trim, the euro touches like the drivers glove box, etc.  Who goes and reupholsters new racing seats with m-cloth and adds seat heaters on a tuner build.  You have to know these cars well to see the little details. 

Inflation must be sky high when a 300k mi E34 goes for 63k.😵 Mine should be worth at least half of that.😁

This build and auction has thrown the valuation of modded BMW's upside down.

we all have learned for years, that you start a custom build on a high mileage shell is a recipe for financial ruin.

Jason has shown us the right way to build and promote such a project. 

at the end of the day if you can't get a few people that really want what you have built in the room. it can be all for not.

We've seen a few well built and promoted modded cars like RVAE34's lsx E39 touring and Mattymatt's E34 touring.

But, the common theme is the touring brings in the money.  Not since 540keith's calypso e34 has a non M5 E34 sedan brought in any money, until now.  

43 minutes ago, HipMF said:

Odd. Also saw an Isuzu Vehicross for sale recently. Not sure what's happening, but I don't like it.

xxuCnLA.png

https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/madison-1994-subaru-svx-awd/7368016212.html

That interior looks new besides the headliner. Had a friend in highschool that had a black/black svx. Matt and I saw a Vehicross on a used car lot off Atwood Ave a few months back too.

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

The holy grail of e90 M3's!  Euro GTS engine which is bumped up to 4.4l rated at 450whp.  OE CFRP pieces throughout, OE CF bucket seats, OE titanium exhaust and more!  These were a euro special and only 67 built!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2012-bmw-m3-crt-lightweight/

its very sad that the holy grail of e90s has red accents thrown about the interior like a 90s honda civic who's teenage owner found a can of red spray paint in dad's garage. 

3 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

its very sad that the holy grail of e90s has red accents thrown about the interior like a 90s honda civic who's teenage owner found a can of red spray paint in dad's garage. 

I don't so much mind the interior pieces but the exterior bits are fucking terrible.  Now, holy grail being the factory 4.4l engine, adjustable dampers, titanium exhaust and lightweight pieces.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...