WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

On 4/27/2021 at 8:56 AM, Jdesign said:

I’ve personally seen this car in person. It’s very well done, but I still for the life of me do not understand the rear doors.

This is lovely, and I hate red cars. 

i like the decision to keep the rear 'doors'. it emphasizes the modification and makes it whimsical, versus just looking like a factory 2 door micro-car.

Clean car though a 325i would have been a better choice to sink the $8k into. This one is still an eta. 

The BaT records for the stock 325e have been in the $8-17k range. The two highest grossing have been a 1986 5sp 325e with 55k sold for $12,250 in April  2019, and a 1988 5sp with 62k just sold for $17k a week ago.

That said e30s are getting harder to find, the sellers looks cleaner and is lower mileage, gas prices are going up, and some folks dig etas. Wonder if would crack $20k on BaT?

5 hours ago, Boris3 said:

Clean car though a 325i would have been a better choice to sink the $8k into. This one is still an eta. 

The BaT records for the stock 325e have been in the $8-17k range. The two highest grossing have been a 1986 5sp 325e with 55k sold for $12,250 in April  2019, and a 1988 5sp with 62k just sold for $17k a week ago.

That said e30s are getting harder to find, the sellers looks cleaner and is lower mileage, gas prices are going up, and some folks dig etas. Wonder if would crack $20k on BaT?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t fetch 18-20k, all you have to do is bring a low mile example to BaT for people to throw their wallets at instead of hunting down the cars themselves. Real silly to pay a $8500 service bill for $2k in parts to try and flip a car as well 🙄

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RobZR said:

and another for the "Why would you" category.

Why of all the E34's you could import, you would choose the most anemic of them all, and find one in a touring.

it looks in great condition, but it's screaming for a heart transplant.   

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4272066486150482/

That is an odd model. Maybe it was just super cheap and they will make the highest profit? Sucks there are no interior shots.