WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

I know regular E30's have been increasing in price, but seriously? Is anyone actually buying these for this kind of money? An auto m20 sedan with mediocre body, comfort seats, needing a head gasket and a full suspension refresh seems like a MAX $1500-$2000 car to me. Am I really just behind the times or is this guy delusional for thinking he'll get this?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/888261211908144?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A6c39e34a-bcf4-42fe-a79d-d51b723abe86

4 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

I know regular E30's have been increasing in price, but seriously? Is anyone actually buying these for this kind of money? An auto m20 sedan with mediocre body, comfort seats, needing a head gasket and a full suspension refresh seems like a MAX $1500-$2000 car to me. Am I really just behind the times or is this guy delusional for thinking he'll get this?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/888261211908144?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A6c39e34a-bcf4-42fe-a79d-d51b723abe86

The E30 has racing pedigree.

It’s the same automatic, bronzit paint, and comfort seats used in the DTM racecars.

If you cant appreciate a racecar tamed for the streets then get a Daihatsu.

21 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

He might get it from a sucker.  All those cooling parts replaced and now a "head gasket".  I'd put money on it having a cracked head... I wouldn't pay more than a grand and that is if it isn't rusty underneath.  "Odometer stopped today" sure it did...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2851298461861013/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

May be an image of speaker

May be an image of car

Seller's description

I WILL NOT TAKE LESS THEN $5,000. So stop the bull,don’tBmessage unless your gonna buy,I haven’toshowes the car to ANYONE YET,want to trade for something that peaks me interest... lemme know runs drives 5k cash or cool trade,no rust obvi repaint custom fiberglass more then 8000 watts to subs and like 3000 to doors flip out slide out radio, eye catcher that’s for sure. But now with three kids...yeah haha

"But now with three kids...yeah haha"

wojak crying face feat. dorito mask - Album on Imgur

Been a while since I've seen a Craigslist-esque train wreck ad.

Nature is healing.

1 hour ago, RobZR said:

This is a really nice example and looks like its from a good home. I would love to own one of these some day, just think it's a very unique car. One's like this at this price point won't exist much longer if I had to guess.

I'm sure maintenance is a nightmare, but V12 BMW.

Also, other than the center console with the 3 head units, this interior has aged extremely well.

3 hours ago, RobZR said:

This is too well written to not be a trap.  The pictures are clear and of decent quality, the description is informative and I couldn't find any mention of knowing what he has or grammatical errors.  This has got to be a scam.

1 hour ago, SteelBlue said:

This is a really nice example and looks like its from a good home. I would love to own one of these some day, just think it's a very unique car. One's like this at this price point won't exist much longer if I had to guess.

I'm sure maintenance is a nightmare, but V12 BMW.

Also, other than the center console with the 3 head units, this interior has aged extremely well.

BMW V12 maintenance "12 of everything and 2 of everything else"

The dream car of my youth could/would turn into the midlife nightmare, since I can't just say "Mike, fix it"  

it sure looks clean with just the right touches 🤤

19 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

I’ve personally seen this car in person. It’s very well done, but I still for the life of me do not understand the rear doors.

19 hours ago, RobZR said:

This is lovely, and I hate red cars.