WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

1 hour ago, SteelBlue said:

HUGE project. Seller knows how bad the car is, but hides it in the listing. I drove over 2 hours to see this car. Its really bad, and if you go back a few pages in this thread, I have pictures of the inside and under it, and it closer resembles the car below than a BMW 2002.

Do not weep for Cheese Car. : ShitPostCrusaders

13 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

HUGE project. Seller knows how bad the car is, but hides it in the listing. I drove over 2 hours to see this car. Its really bad, and if you go back a few pages in this thread, I have pictures of the inside and under it, and it closer resembles the car below than a BMW 2002.

Yikes.

Sucks the seats are thrashed. Those Recaro's are awesome.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:25 AM, Boris3 said:

On another note on seeing the ti, and apologies for the thread drift, but anyone heard from Zach (ramplesauce) lately?

Him and his wife were over both days this weekend...6 feet apart and outside obviously. I can confirm he is still alive. 

On 4/28/2020 at 3:10 PM, GunMetalGrey said:

Feel free to keep an eye out for vehicles that you want in WA, I purchased a vehicle in WI and would be willing to do some low cost shipping of a vehicle from WA to WI.
Gas is cheap, work is in short supply, perfect time to drag a trailer around for a few days! 

I'd like to help, but I'm pouring all of my money into vintage camera lenses right now. j/k...maybe. Or saving for a vacation; can't remember which.

55 minutes ago, ChrisO said:

Oooooooo what lenses are we talking about? I've been a long time collector

Ha, so far I've managed to hold myself back for the most part. I wanted to get a pocket camera, so I picked up a cheap OM-D that's a little of the rough side, just to play around with. I'll be getting the pancake zoom for it, but I also wanted to try some old manual lenses just for fun. The first one I found was a Sigma mini-wide 28mm f2.8 for $9. The ad didn't say what mount it was, but I was going to adapt it to MFT anyway, so it didn't really matter. Turned out to be a Konica, so I've been looking at other Konica lenses. They seem to have a pretty good reputation. I'll probably pick up the 40mm f1.8 and maybe a couple others.

I just wanedt to experiment around with different length primes to seem what I like. Vintage glass is cheap and plentiful and I really like the solid build and feel. I could see it turning into a collection pretty easily. Another nice thing is that if I decide MFT isn't for me, I can switch to any other mirrorless system and take the lenses with me instead of starting all over again.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:39 PM, Jdesign said:

I was reading this thinking "Why the fuck is he driving to go look at this swiss cheese jetta!?!?"  I wasn't surprised but I was confused.  I'm glad/disappointed the car pictured isn't what you were going to buy.

5 hours ago, HipMF said:

That Jetta amuses me. I wonder what it weighs, who would take the time to do that, but also question whether it would tear itself apart during normal driving. The coefficient of drag is probably over 9000.

Not sure how you would drive it, it doesn't even appear to have a seat.  How many hole saws does it take to make a swiss cheese Jetta?  Does it even have an engine?  I'm not sure.  At least his wheels keep with the theme.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:48 PM, SteelBlue said:

Thats a lot of coin for an E36 vert. If you really want a nice well sorted one I know of one for sale for less..