WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

Looks like whoever makes those clear early model tail light lenses in Brazil has started producing late model versions:

Clear: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-88-92-FACELIFT-325I-316I-318IS-CLEAR-TAILLIGHT-LENSES-CABRIO-COUPE-M42/133343494307?hash=item1f0be440a3:g:GXoAAOSwqNxd3vqs

Smoked: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-88-92-FACELIFT-325I-316I-318I-SMOKED-TAILLIGHT-LENSES-CABRIO-COUPE-SEDAN/133266844251?hash=item1f0752aa5b:g:4BgAAOSwt8Jd9TFF

Looks like a way to get much closer to a genuine MHW look than just tinting stock tails

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

be honest - is the only reason you'd ever consider a z4 coupe is because z3 coupes are astronomically priced?

the front end of a z4 ranks up there as a top-5 ugliest BMW front ends.

Honestly, no. While I agree the front end isn't exactly the most stunning thing out there, the rest of the is IMO pretty well proportioned and good looking (at least in coupe form). You also get a more modern motor, and in the case of the 3.0i, you get the 255hp version of the n52 with the three stage intake. Mix in a 6-speed and some rarity - I believe I read that under a thousand manual coupes came to the U.S. - and you have the recipe for a pretty good drivers car. 
It’s also not like the z3 is universally considered to have a “pretty” front end; I think they’re both fine and I generally prioritize feel and driving performance over subjective styling. 

2 hours ago, HipMF said:

salt water?

2 hours ago, Jdesign said:

salt water

Not saying it isn't the case, but I haven't seen much at all for rust out here, and I've been on coast lines for work and seen stuff rolling around with similar vintage and minimal rust. 

That being said, that's an impressive amount of rust. 
Must've carried around salt in the bed (and on the hood?) on rainy days

13 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Not saying it isn't the case, but I haven't seen much at all for rust out here, and I've been on coast lines for work and seen stuff rolling around with similar vintage and minimal rust. 

That being said, that's an impressive amount of rust. 
Must've carried around salt in the bed (and on the hood?) on rainy days

The article that led me to that listing said they talked with the owner and he lives directly on the shoreline.

4 hours ago, REKIII said:

Sorry for posting links to this other website again, but good deal or no?  These things are getting harder to find and seeming to increase in value.

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/1999-bmw-m-coupe-n-atlanta-ga.475231/

I know the coupes are worth more than the verts, but.....

(The link won’t link so here’s a pic)

D0BB86FA-00BC-4C40-83B2-FB9EB42EE28B.png