WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Scrap yards

Blaine0002

Guest stealthbimmer

Not sure how many scrap yards are still pick n pull around here (would like to know though)... I know the place off of hampton is, and they have an e30 there at the moment. As for a wrecked m3, good luck. Better off trying to find a wrecked one of craigslist or something like I did

Guest LowBlueE36

Gibson's in Neenah is pretty big. We go up there for lots of VR6 parts and Mk1 & Mk2 parts. There are a lot of E30's there, but I never saw an E36 or newer. It is a pull it yourself scrapyard.

Guest merton

Gibson's in Neenah is pretty big. We go up there for lots of VR6 parts and Mk1 & Mk2 parts. There are a lot of E30's there, but I never saw an E36 or newer. It is a pull it yourself scrapyard.

I need to go there.

There is a place called Dave's that's north of west bend that has a white 2dr 325e. It's got some parts left on it fwiw...

They also had a 1992 318i convertible (e30) that had lots of parts left last time I was there too.

Not sure how many scrap yards are still pick n pull around here (would like to know though)... I know the place off of hampton is, and they have an e30 there at the moment. As for a wrecked m3, good luck. Better off trying to find a wrecked one of craigslist or something like I did

how long did you wait for one to pop up? i searched around all major cities in a 500 mile radius and found nothing.. lol

Guest stealthbimmer

Didnt really wait.... just kind of happened. Was throwing around the idea of an s52 swap, few days later one poped up on CL and made my decision for me.

Guest LowBlueE36

I need to go there.

There is a place called Dave's that's north of west bend that has a white 2dr 325e. It's got some parts left on it fwiw...

They also had a 1992 318i convertible (e30) that had lots of parts left last time I was there too.

Yeah Dave's is ok but it's really small. I'm think that white 325e is missing a lot of stuff now though, haha, my friend ravaged it I'm pretty sure. There are some E30's in Gibson's though, sooooo many cars there.

Guest Celina325is

I can add to that list.

Sommerset Scrap and Salvage- has 4-5 e30s, 1-2 e36s. The e36 i went out there for was fresh to the yard, the guy hadnt even inventoried it yet, that was about mid-may. not the best prices or selection, and the guy is kind of a tool but there were well over 1000 cars in the yard.

Rite-Away Imports in Big Lake, MN. this place was super fun! Sort of limited selection but had an assortment of e30s, 34s, 36s, 39s. I came in with a list of parts I needed and he said it would be about 500, once I had it all out and ready to pay for, he gave it to me for 200 bucks. Its a bit of a haul but seriously, the drive is half the fun. I spoted this from across the yard. To me, it was the sign pointing me to the good stuff, but I shed a tear for the poor guy, all alone up there and mostly stripped.

Posted Image

I forget the website that I used to find salvage yards that have parts handy but there is a search engine out there that y'all might find helpful.

Well, at least that e36/7 is out of its misery now. Sad really because you never see the clown shoe Z much...

ANywho I have a buddy who works over at B&M. He says they get all kinds of things, and they save turbos and engines if they're good. I told him to be on the look for an E30/6, but so far no word from him on that

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Made a parts run to Schmidt's Auto Salvage here in Waunakee, its the largest yard in the Madison area and its a pick n pull. I took an inventory of their bimmers that they've had for a while now. Most of the E36 interiors are picked apart but they all have most drive train stuff with the exception of the ti.

• E36:
  • '91 325i Red Sedan, manual
  • '92 325i Light Blue Sedan
  • '93 325i Green sedan, manual
  • '97 318ti, no engine/tranny/interior
  • E30 325ia convertible
  • E34 535ia Red with gray leather
  • E23 '86 735i L7 Grey on Grey
  • E38 '95 740i black on black

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Bringing this back from the dead... 

I got this vin's in July 2021 from Gibson's in Neenah. I only took inventory of cars I was interested in though so e39 and older. There were plenty of E46's around as well and a couple E60's. Now that I can easily convert pics to text I'll take down all the vins next time I go. 

WBAFF7400E7397622 1984 E32 M30 Manual
WBAGB4318K3212499 1988 E32 Auto
WBAGJ8321TDL38542 1996 E38 740ILA
WBADD5320VBV50842 1996 E39 528i Manual 
WBABB2315NEC28024 1991 E30 325ic Auto
WBAHD532XSGB37457 1994 E34 525i manual