WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

asc/taction control button stopped working

Guest SneezinM3

Question

Guest SneezinM3

So yesterday i dropped the exhaust, and driveshaft to replace the center support and bearing and i also replaced the guibo/flex joint.

My traction control button it now showing the light on the dash now. Now i dont know if it has something to do with dropping the driveline. It was working like 3 days ago because i flipped it off for a bit of fun in the rain! I did not unplug anything while doing work on it yesterday so thats whT has me stumped. Now im new to bmw's.

Oh btw the car im speaking about is my 97 m3 sedan automatic.

Any advice on where to start sear hing and diagnosing wouod be much appreciated.

Thank you

7 answers to this question

the ASC+T system included the toothed gears on the hub (same ones used for ABS), sensors with those toothed gears, wires, extra throttle body, ABS unit, and computer.

its probably a coincidence that it went on at the same time.

here are some links that might help you:

http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=341672

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=348202&d=1351919099

Guest SneezinM3

Well i have not taken any of the wheels off since i have had this car? The button is kind of sticky. Do you think maybe it was stu k being pressed down could have caused this?

Guest SneezinM3

Goes into climate controled shop in winter :/

Anyways so yesterday my blinker was working but i wasnt hearing it clicking in the dash. To i tapped on the top of dash. Well the asc light works now!!?! But blinkers dont click when flashing but all blinkers work..

Guest SneezinM3

Yes i sure am. 97 m3... and i never tested it on the road to see if traction control was on or off before hand. But it is worling fine now