WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

Lost to a modified green twin turbo body Supra today. 3rd gear on the freeway and 4th up to 120 he got me by a car. I was on his back fender the whole time. Ugh!!!

He slowed down and said "Nice sleeper!! How much power??" Excited and piss3d at the same time... I gotta find out what power he was making.

Hooked up my speedo temporally with wire nuts and took off my mud flaps. Car is running a lot smoother with the speedo hooked up.

All that racing was in Mexico, fyi.

ARP doesn't mention anything about a retorque, its actually in their FAQ's saying that you shouldn't need to. Not that it is a horrible idea, but its a heck of a lot of work on these motors. Standard sockets don't fit between the cam trays and head, and getting the VC off is no fun ;)
Sucks that it failed, but luckily its not a hard job! 

I gotta wonder why you wouldn't go with a cut ring gasket or o rings? And do you have any logs? Did you ever get rid of that richness? 

I would definitely borrow a nice caliper and measure if those bad boys stretched. I'm kind of excited to see what the pistons look like.