WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

Test fitted the wheels with out the tires. The fronts look good. 17x9 et25 with a 15mm spacer making them et10. 245/40s should be okay.

The rears are so tight but don't touch. 1mm of clearance from the trailing arm and spring perch. 17x10 et20. I hope the 255/40s stretch a bit on the 10in wheel.

Urban Motorworx is mounting them and should be ready for pick up tomorrow morning.

Hopefully concours can squeeze me in for an alignment tomorrow if all goes well with the fitment.

Ordered new rear wheel bearings, the allen bolts that attaches the axels to the diff. Gotta get that new diff installed!

Going to have the talented Snap powder coat the M-Coupe cover and some other parts.

Side note, these tires are awesome! Slowly pushing the limits while being scared of curbs and cement walls but it's on rails! I still need to address some rubbing issues. Thinking I'll totally cut out the inner fender a quarter of the way from the outside of the car and fiberglass it back shut and/or purchase some adjustable rear coils with some stiffer springs.

I am ready to do the rear bearings and install the diff just need to find the time.  I've been busy with work and some house work that needs to get done ASAP and I'm about halfway through. 

Might go to Dan the Exhaust Man's shop this Friday and do the diff and bearings.  I'll also have him beef up the stock mount and maybe build a passenger side mount that bolts on the the diff cover.  For the welding I'll have to remove my ICE in the trunk.

Other than this I've finally been driving the car!!  Love it.

cbe470cc240678f5109736b19d1ae79f.jpgReady for war against the wheel bearings.

The wheel bearing kit is perfect for the job!!!

A bit of grease on the bolt makes it smoother.

I did this job a couple months ago. Any info feel free to ask.

When your done......return the kit!!

You didn't hear it from me!!

Bought those same snap ring pliers.... Made removing the rear rings a 10 second job.

Gonna have to go get that bearing kit tomorrow - only thing left to finish up my rears. How much was it - and are you planning to keep it? I'll toss ya some cash to borrow it if you are.