WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chapter GMW | E30 LS1 (starting on post #1427)

DrLeadFoot

Popped in the new Spark plugs in the e30 gapped to .025

16386968404_3416aa4278_b.jpg

17009372355_fea8bb962d_b.jpg

Still breaking up same as before. I need to get on the dyno and have TRM flash a new chip ASAP.

The old plugs were sketch. I'll get pictures soon.

I emailed e30ls1@gmail.com to inquire about this:

diff-mount.jpg

I need a different diff as the bearings are getting loud in the current 2.79lsd so I'm going through Wanganstyle Global for a new Diff. Here are some of his comments about what I'm going with:

Complete blueprinted 4 disc lsd unit with 2.79 final drive + standard Ramps produces max lock of 60%; you honestly don't need more- I'm pretty well known for high power differentials; I have a few locals at 500-700rwhp with street driven cars and 1200rwhp for drag.

The tough thing about the remote tuning is that they base their tweaks off of a formula which wont necessarily get you where you need to be on the first try, it may take several iterations. I could provide you with the same tweaks they do if I had a way to write to that chip. Thats just saying that theres not a whole lot of voodoo to it. Have you re-calibrated your wideband recently?

All you would need is a simple chip burner if they don't have any v

Popped in the new Spark plugs in the e30 gapped to .025

16386968404_3416aa4278_b.jpg

17009372355_fea8bb962d_b.jpg

Still breaking up same as before. I need to get on the dyno and have TRM flash a new chip ASAP.

The old plugs were sketch. I'll get pictures soon.

I emailed e30ls1@gmail.com to inquire about this:

diff-mount.jpg

I need a different diff as the bearings are getting loud in the current 2.79lsd so I'm going through Wanganstyle Global for a new Diff. Here are some of his comments about what I'm going with:

Complete blueprinted 4 disc lsd unit with 2.79 final drive + standard Ramps produces max lock of 60%; you honestly don't need more- I'm pretty well known for high power differentials; I have a few locals at 500-700rwhp with street driven cars and 1200rwhp for drag.

So he recommends standard ramps for drag applications? I'm looking at building the exact same diff. And is he saying the 188mm diff with upgraded clutch discs is going to hold up to 1200rwhp? I thought past 700+ you needed a 210mm?

Sorry I'm just trying to build an absolutely bulletproof driveline. 

I've been emailing back and forth with TRM and they'll take 10% of fuel out of WOT.  Hopefully that will tend to the breaking up issue enough to get some quality dyno pulls and go from there.

On the wideband it bounces around a little from totally bottomed out Rich to 10.5 when I'm at WOT.  It is hard to see what rpm it is doing this at as I'm trying to hold on to this pissed off kraut rocket.

Update:

-Ordered a 2.79LSD with 4 clutch discs from Wanganstyle should be ready to ship in a little over a week.

-Received a central locking unit.  Super anxious to install that!! If it works I'm going to flip my lid.

-TRM shipped me a new chip with 10% fuel taken out at WOT.

-Going to look into my #1 injector to see if it leaking or not spraying a mist.

-----

Which one has an engine light on??

16841637090_3bbdf73156_b.jpg

The struggle...

16841640870_76da960d58_b.jpg