WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 seat help!

Guest The Otherside

Guest The Otherside

I got a passenger seat. Can I swap the seatbelt clips and use it for the driver??? It's super cheap and the guy only has the passenger :(

Guest Charles Dickens

Yeah you can do it. I've seen it done before, its just a bit weird with the seat adjustments next to the console. There's probably a writeup on r3v or e30tech about it...

you can use it (switch the seat belt receptor over) but the adjustment handles hit the middle console. you wont be able to flip the seat forward for rear seat access very far. if you got creative, you could remove the plastic handles and weld/attach handles that were skinny and cleared better.

install: nothing fancy, just switch unbolt the seat belt receptacle and switch to the other side and bolt the seat in as per usual. if you have the original driver's seat receptacle with the wire for the seat belt check use that. (although i've never been in an e30 where it worked anyways)

Edited by straight6pwr

Guest The Otherside

I dont think theres anything stock left with the new seats put in. But it comes with a bracket and if all else fails ill get a bracket at the junk yard.