Jump to content
WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
B C

chit chat thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Ryan... said:

So a buddy of mine bought a VW GTI with a Golf "R" engine swapped in. Apparently he's having difficulty getting the car registered due to emissions reasons. Are there any low-key car friendly shops around for swapped vehicles and such?

Feel free to PM if you'd rather not be advertising such information...

Registering it in a free county might be easier 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ryan... said:

So a buddy of mine bought a VW GTI with a Golf "R" engine swapped in. Apparently he's having difficulty getting the car registered due to emissions reasons. Are there any low-key car friendly shops around for swapped vehicles and such?

Feel free to PM if you'd rather not be advertising such information...

I'm guessing you mean it has a CEL because of the swap, right?  If that's the case all he has to do is register the vehicle as normal but on the document where it says "County kept in" he picks any county other than Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Washington or Waukesha.  It's that simple.  I've been doing this for years with no issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally getting some motivation to do some things. Nothing BMW related sadly.

Machined this neat little brass piece for the bridge on my bass to replace the incorrect part that has been there since I bought it like 7 years ago.

7sWhBJ3.jpg

I found an old 1980s CCTV security camera at work that had an interesting looking lens on it. 50mm f1.4 made by Fuji. So, I decided to make an adapter for it. It's a c-mount lens, which has a shorter flange-to-sensor than micro 4/3. They make adapters, but the diameter of this lens is to large to fit, so long story short, it's a macro lens now. Worked out pretty well.

ffqgtDN.jpg

oODtajt.jpg

Neat.

zNpjDSG.jpg

3zKMm01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@patsbimmer1 “Mike, are you driving right now?”

“No, I’m in the passenger seat. Riding around in the rolls. Eric’s driving”

@patsbimmer1 “Bockhaus?”

*turns video call camera towards me*

”Sup Pat”

@patsbimmer1 “Eric, what the fuck? I expect a full write up on WIBIMMERS” 😂

3E30ED0D-8CEC-4E2A-AA11-36D4119AF539.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When google doesn't know, at least we have GT5:

MoQLskV.png

Esto no está bien.

Been considering buying a "nice" DD (ie something that costs more that $3k). I've always been mildly fond of the C30, thought maybe I could abide another FWD, but... yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, HipMF said:

When google doesn't know, at least we have GT5:

 

Esto no está bien.

Been considering buying a "nice" DD (ie something that costs more that $3k). I've always been mildly fond of the C30, thought maybe I could abide another FWD, but... yikes.

i love my t5 v50 (same p1 platform). its pretty fast for a non-sporty car. with 500lbs less (c30) it'd be a hoot. add a $700 tune for 50hp and youd be in fun land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

i love my t5 v50 (same p1 platform). its pretty fast for a non-sporty car. with 500lbs less (c30) it'd be a hoot. add a $700 tune for 50hp and youd be in fun land.

My wife had one for a while. I really liked it. It was a blast for what it is and with the seats folded down in the back it was very spacious. 

CD3E7850-BE6F-4157-9F5A-6DE445BEC153.jpeg

The only drawbacks I felt it had was it was pretty bad in the snow even with snow tires and the doors are like a mile long. My wife and I are 5.5’ and if we sat in the car and the door was all the way open we’d have a hard time reaching the handle to close it  lol

Also, at least IMO, the interiors haven’t aged that great. The center consoles are a neat concept, but if you get a base model, they’re very plasticy  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

Did you guys know that @patsbimmer1 is a Bear's fan? He also thinks Soldier Field is a better looking stadium than Lambeau.

Can't believe I work with this guy.

First of all I didn't say it looks better, I said it doesn't look bad.  What I said about Lambeau is that in spite of it's historical significance it is a fucking hideous stadium from the outside.  Dingus disagreed with me due to his admitted unfounded hatred for Chicago and his blind love for everything green and gold.  I stand by my claim that Soldier Field isn't as bad as people make it out to be and Lambeau is fucking ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lambeau WAS a lot MORE ugly than it is now.  Therefore, the general consensus is that it looks good*

*better than before

Soldier field is effed over by it's location and being in Chicago.  So many restrictions due to historical landmark, land/building locked etc. etc.  All the new fancy multi trillion dollar stadiums don't have those restrictions.  To compare the 2 is pretty tough.

I work with a bears fan as well.  He hasn't been in a good mood lately.  I'm a passive Packers fan.  This year hasn't been of much interest to me with the pandemic restrictions and the pandering to social issues.   Keep up with wins and losses is about it.  Haven't watched a game this season yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, REKIII said:

I think Lambeau WAS a lot MORE ugly than it is now.  Therefore, the general consensus is that it looks good*

*better than before

Soldier field is effed over by it's location and being in Chicago.  So many restrictions due to historical landmark, land/building locked etc. etc.  All the new fancy multi trillion dollar stadiums don't have those restrictions.  To compare the 2 is pretty tough.

I work with a bears fan as well.  He hasn't been in a good mood lately.  I'm a passive Packers fan.  This year hasn't been of much interest to me with the pandemic restrictions and the pandering to social issues.   Keep up with wins and losses is about it.  Haven't watched a game this season yet. 

I think they just did a poor job of bringing it into the modern era. They actually have a great location being on the lakeshore and a stones throw from downtown. 

The old colosseum look of it was cool, but it looks like the parked a spaceship on top of it.

It also holds like 62,000 people in one of the biggest metro areas in the country...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honored that after all of these months, they still haven't forgotten about me. ECSTuning = clutch.

pBuVxuc.jpg

Looking forward to having a mechanically sound vehicle. Hopefully it will live up to the expectations that I have for a 25 year old POS daily driver.

kvwXrER.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.