WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community
B C

chit chat thread

Gold Rush Rally just stopped in Menomonie Wi. Always cool seeing some exotics. Though the main pack is about an hour behind a few people who passed me going 150 on i-94

Aventador SV, Hurican and a few Mclarens

1 hour ago, Rekpoint said:

Gold Rush Rally just stopped in Menomonie Wi. Always cool seeing some exotics. Though the main pack is about an hour behind a few people who passed me going 150 on i-94

Aventador SV, Hurican and a few Mclarens

The P1 is pretty incredible but most exotics just dont excite me. Something about modifying a very  basic common car gets me excited though

27 minutes ago, B C said:

The P1 is pretty incredible but most exotics just dont excite me. Something about modifying a very  basic common car gets me excited though

There was a P1 in that bunch!

45 minutes ago, wasnt m3 said:

I saw a goldish orange McLaren 720 on the east side of Milwaukee with crown rally decals this morning. 

Gold Rush was in Chicago last night so it was probably one of the group. Was it this one?

Screenshot_20190627-211058_Snapchat.jpg

6 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Awkward. In my defense I SCed a buddy's snap chat. Looks like a McLaren from the side

I dont blame you, I would have guessed McLaren on that one.

One time I thought I would check Early 2000’s Ford GT prices to see if they were in the 50’s and 60’s so that I could aspire to someday owning one.

HA

nope. They didnt quite depreciate like a Ford Tempo

3 hours ago, B C said:

I dont blame you, I would have guessed McLaren on that one.

One time I thought I would check Early 2000’s Ford GT prices to see if they were in the 50’s and 60’s so that I could aspire to someday owning one.

HA

nope. They didnt quite depreciate like a Ford Tempo

One of like 3 post 2000's American vehicles that has appreciated or remained flat lol.  Add that to the "If I win the lottery" list.

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

One of like 3 post 2000's American vehicles that has appreciated or remained flat lol.  Add that to the "If I win the lottery" list.

Personally if I won the lottery it would be a gated 6 speed Gallardo with a underground racing turbo kit. 

8 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

LOL 

I went and looked at it yesterday.

I passed this car for a couple months as it sat in front of a business on my daily commute. Condition is 6/10. The worst is that the entire car was resprayed and the passenger side quarter has some bondo cracking under the paint. Otherwise that the interior has a lot of little broken parts, the fuel pump is wired to a switch very hackasuarusly, and the suspension is shot. It does have a brand new top on it and runs and drives though. Sadly the guy wont take less than $1k and I promised myself I wont bring home more projects till all of my cars run and drive.