WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

28 minutes ago, B C said:

Congrats @suspenceful

Jk, I would be interested to see how fast Spence's 135 is in the 1/4 though. I live in a world where a 15 second car feels fast. 

LOL. I consistently trapped 131-132mph last year. I have a few improvements I'm making the car this year to make it more efficient, so I should see my ET drop. Not sure if the MPH will go up or not.

Never mind guys, I just used A LOT of straps, shrink wrap, and misc road debris as I made my way back home to secure the load. LOL.

It was an adventure to say the least.

NOW, does anyone want/need to put flooring in their shop or garage space? I have a little extra. 17,000 square feet extra to be exact.

IMG_0126[1].JPGIMG_0125[1].JPG

Im quite proud of the dually. She didn't skip a beat the entire 6 hour trip, and I got an average of 19 MPG!

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Never mind guys, I just used A LOT of straps, shrink wrap, and misc road debris as I made my way back home to secure the load. LOL.

It was an adventure to say the least.

NOW, does anyone want/need to put flooring in their shop or garage space? I have a little extra. 17,000 square feet extra to be exact.

IMG_0126[1].JPGIMG_0125[1].JPG

Im quite proud of the dually. She didn't skip a beat the entire 6 hour trip, and I got an average of 19 MPG!

Possibly! I was thinking about painting my new garage floor but if that stuff is heavy duty shit and wouldn't get all melty from grinding and Welding I might be interested in some.

2 hours ago, Boris3 said:

Wow, that's a load!!! 17,000 extra???

Are the seams tight enough on the smooth to keep fluid spills from getting underneath the tiles?

Did you get a killer wholesale bulk price on these? Common pricing online is around $3/ft2.   

IDK about the fluids yet. I have yet to lay them out, but they snap very tightly together. 

I got a deal because the guy didn't want to sell sections, so I had to buy all of it. 

10 hours ago, GB-335xiCoupe said:

Might want to watch this. He's a little annoying, but good info...

Same guy?

I agree though. Its good info. 

This is the stuff that I think I have:

SnapSports ReActive® suspended modular flooring
Solid top design shall be 9.8425" x 9.8425" x 3/4" (250mm x 250mm x 19mm) 
high impact PP (polypropylene)
each tile has 841 individual support legs. Weight: 10.75 oz. (304.79g)  

PRODUCT TEST RESULTS
• Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): 90
• Smoke Generation (ASTM E 84): 90
• Friction (ASTM C 1028): Dry – 0.74, Wet – 0.53
• Compression vs. Crush (ASTM D 3998): No Break
• Noise Reduction Coefficient (ASTM C 423): 5 - 10%
• Rolling Load (DIN 18032-02): Pass • Force Reduction (ASTM F2772): Class 1
• Standard Deformation (DIN 18032-02): 0.9mm • Ball Rebound (DIN 18032-02): 98%
• Load Bearing Capacity (DIN 18032-02): >200 psi • R-Value: x<1
• Flatness: 0.0mm • Lateral Movement: 0.00" – 0.035"

SANITARY INFORMATION
• Fungus Resistance (ASTM G 21): No Growth
• Resistant to the following: – Bacteria and Mildew – Staphylococcus – Klebseilla Pnuemoniae – Pink Staining Organism – STV Reticulum
• Tested and Certified by the NSF (National Sanitation Foundation)  

HOW MUCH I HAVE:
190'x100'
19,000 square feet
27360 tiles

294120 oz of tile
or
18,382.5lbs of tile

Its technically a gym floor application, but unless you park your steam roller in your garage everynight, it should work perfect for a workbench or a car. I plan on installing most of it this weekend.
IMG_0137[1].JPGIMG_0136[1].JPG

I tried to capture the color. Its a very light blue, almost grey. I have a basic harbor freight 5mil glove on, one has my concrete floor behind it, the other my white truck.

I need an intervention.  I bought another Sienna van which brings the total to 3.  It was my parents van and my mom hit a deer and insurance totaled it.  I bought it back for $2000.  It needs a hood, bumper cover, both headlights, radiator, condenser, fan shroud, grill, and part of the radiator support replaced.  Insurance quote was 6700.  I ordered everything but the core support for less than 1000 shipped from RockAuto.  And I have a core support to pick up at a local salvage yard for 100 tomorrow.  I would have preferred used parts already the right color but I couldn't find any remotely nearby so i will be trying my hand at painting.  It's a facelift 2nd gen which I guess not many are in junkyards yet.  It's an '09 XLE with 120k miles.  I will not be engine swapping this one though.  It should replace the '01 with 210k on it.  Insurance valued it at about 9k.

Anyone need a deluxe green 1st gen Sienna XLE, it even has a VHS player?  It has a little rust but runs good, new genuine VVT solenoids, new A/F sensors, all 4 shocks/struts just replaced.  I'm thinking $2500ish