WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

On 5/2/2019 at 7:25 AM, B C said:

Sounds like you are about to throw your wallet into Hoover Dam

Not deep enough :D

23 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

I see an NC Miata in your future 

Someday I would still like a Miata, just to give it atry..

22 hours ago, YoungCR said:

Congrats Ryan!

Thanks homie!

20 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

engaged a few days and used 'fiance' appropriately instead of 'girlfriend'. you're ahead of the game.

It's been a struggle, and she's quick to correct me lol

17 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Congrats!  I'll tell you as I've told my other buddies before they got married, it's not that bad.  Now for the cynical side of me, get that house in both of your names and get the car in your name!

I'll be waiting for my wedding invite.

Thanks man!

WiBimmers will be invited :)

I like the desk setup as well. First time with curved monitors? My dual flat panel 23" monitors are serving me well but I'm on the fence about curved monitors for when I do upgrade. I guess for the price I'd take higher resolution over just being curved first. 

• 2 weeks later...

So im looking into buying a truck to tow stuff around with. Boat, cars etc.

What kind of truck do you guys use to tow stuff with.

Anyone have any experience with a 06-07 LBZ Duramax? Im leaning this way currently. I want a nice truck but not to nice so if I put a scratch into it I wont feel bad. I want something I can put to work and not be a mall crawler.

16 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

So im looking into buying a truck to tow stuff around with. Boat, cars etc.

What kind of truck do you guys use to tow stuff with.

Anyone have any experience with a 06-07 LBZ Duramax? Im leaning this way currently. I want a nice truck but not to nice so if I put a scratch into it I wont feel bad. I want something I can put to work and not be a mall crawler.

Will this double as a winter vehicle? LBZ is a good motor but will the maintenance be worth while? If you plan on keeping it for a long time then yes or you plan on 300+ mi trips for parts cars. If its just gonna sit around and be used just for towing I'd just stick with a gas truck.

2 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

Will this double as a winter vehicle? LBZ is a good motor but will the maintenance be worth while? If you plan on keeping it for a long time then yes or you plan on 300+ mi trips for parts cars. If its just gonna sit around and be used just for towing I'd just stick with a gas truck.

Yes id like to double it as a winter vehicle. Id keep it for awhile until 1. I dont need a truck anymore. Or 2. I want an upgrade. Ultimately id be picking up a few cars all throughout the US. I have a buddy who is both a BMW and Diesel mechanic who can help me with stuff that needs to be done on it. So he wont rob me blind.

1 minute ago, Rekpoint said:

Yes id like to double it as a winter vehicle. Id keep it for awhile until 1. I dont need a truck anymore. Or 2. I want an upgrade. Ultimately id be picking up a few cars all throughout the US. I have a buddy who is both a BMW and Diesel mechanic who can help me with stuff that needs to be done on it. So he wont rob me blind.

I know nothing about them besides thats the first "good" generation of Duramax. If he has the tools to work on it that certainly makes things easier and more affordable. Also don't even consider local trucks, make a road trip out of it and buy a southern truck. You'll come out far ahead. 

2 minutes ago, YoungCR said:

I know nothing about them besides thats the first "good" generation of Duramax. If he has the tools to work on it that certainly makes things easier and more affordable. Also don't even consider local trucks, make a road trip out of it and buy a southern truck. You'll come out far ahead. 

Definitely. Needs to be rust free, stock, and under 200k miles. My buddy told me its the best Duramax until you get to the brand new ones. Im looking for a smaller truck that can tow a good amount so an extended cab short bed would be perfect.

4 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

Definitely. Needs to be rust free, stock, and under 200k miles. My buddy told me its the best Duramax until you get to the brand new ones. Im looking for a smaller truck that can tow a good amount so an extended cab short bed would be perfect.

A longer wheel base is going to tow a lot better if you have the space to keep it. ECLB's are more common too.

2 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Anyone play any PC games?

I was very good at CSGO before I stopped. (Handful of LAN tournament wins) but I have been playing alot of Apex Legends recently.

I just started playing Tom Clancy The Division 2 and World War Z.  I'm also looking to getting into Total War Warhammer but just got a decent PC last weekend.  Also, I'm terrible at PC shooters.

9 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Well, looks like I need to go buy an Xbox controller. 

Noo. Don't use a controller on PC! Get practice with the keyboard and mouse! You'll be more accurate. Once you go against someone with a mouse you'll get destroyed.  Don't forget there isn't any aim assist on PC with controllers!