WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

On 3/27/2019 at 4:36 PM, Ryan... said:

I bought an H&K VP9 for no reason other than I wanted one.

Much excitement to go shoot it.

That is all.

Being the resident HK shill, I have to say the VP pistols are striker fired garbage.  This is just an opinion.  I have several DA/SA hammer fired HK pistols and think they are great.  Can't stand the glock like striker fired stuff.  Maybe I'm just an old man.

1 hour ago, rampelsauce said:

Being the resident HK shill, I have to say the VP pistols are striker fired garbage.  This is just an opinion.  I have several DA/SA hammer fired HK pistols and think they are great.  Can't stand the glock like striker fired stuff.  Maybe I'm just an old man.

My target was horrendous today, which was very confusing. I would put 5 rounds into a 2" group at 10  yards, then throw the next 3 by 5"+, then put the next two back in that grouping...

I like my Glock trigger, the HK felt good but was wildly inconsistent. I may need some more time with the sights to get used to it.

3 minutes ago, Ryan... said:

My target was horrendous today, which was very confusing. I would put 5 rounds into a 2" group at 10  yards, then throw the next 3 by 5"+, then put the next two back in that grouping...

I like my Glock trigger, the HK felt good but was wildly inconsistent. I may need some more time with the sights to get used to it.

Hammer fired pistols have consistency, which is what I'm about.  Most HK's (hammer fired) dont need a match trigger because from the factory they're dialed.  I built a Beretta 96 with a Wilson Combat trigger and that so far is hard to beat.  Although my MK23 is pretty flat and amazing.  If you cant shoot one of those straight, you're the problem.

The theme is all DA/SA decocker.  Hammer fired semi autos rule.  

garagistic is just getting lazy now...

https://store.garagistic.com/e30-2002-weld-on-tabs

look at the hole in the tab! holes are about the only thing i can make nicely in steel because there is a tool that makes them perfectly called a DRILL BIT.  someone email garagistic and tell them about drill bits, please. 

e30%20adjustable%20sway%20bar%20end%20li

10 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

look at the hole in the tab! holes are about the only thing i can make nicely in steel because there is a tool that makes them perfectly called a DRILL BIT.  someone email garagistic and tell them about drill bits, please. 

attention to detail!!

Laser cut a bracket with holes complete easy and cheap don't need to drill, but laser burns oversize when you start the cut. All they needed to do is start laser off the finished edge, but that takes more time/money.

edit: looking at other pics, they look better.  but, for $18/pr cut and formed, that's cheap.   The adj. links for $60 look like a deal as well.

9 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

HAHAHAHA holy shit, and that's posted on their website.

38 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

Has anyone been to anything at the Pabst Theater? I'm going to Joey Diaz on 4/20 after the Brewer game. It's like just sit wherever you can get once the door opens? How long should we be out front if we want decent seats?

Never been there but I'm pretty jealous I love Joey 

Maximum turbo RPM?

While trying to find the answer to this question, I've determined that the tips of my compressor wheel will go supersonic somewhere around 117k rpm (±20-ish% depending on pressure and temperature...). This seems like it would be a Bad Thing™, and yet the compressor map goes up to 170k rpm without any disturbance is flow/efficiency.

Conclusion? I have no idea what I'm doing.

4529939524_3125b24c64_o.gif

Best I can figure is that since the air is moving axially and not tangentially, it will never reach the speed of the compressor wheel... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯