WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

815AM this morning on I41 S near Racine Ave.  A fella in a silver N55 powered 335M Sport slowed down and downshifted next to my lowly e90.  Can't remember the last time someone picked a race with me.  It's been many years.  Always the same result. haha  Even better is that I was dropping the car off to have the oil pan gasket replaced, upgraded twins and inlets installed.  It'll actually be fast next time someone picks on it.

Well....50° is when winter tires start to get REALLY squishy and wear very fast.  So....based on the forecast, you can either drive like a Grandma and still have bad wear, or you can risk maybe 1 or 2 days of crappy driving on your summers, on the outside chance we get a measurable snow fall.

17 minutes ago, REKIII said:

...the outside chance we get a measurable snow fall.

Are you even from here?

A few nice days in March and people forget what state they're in. There's a month of sub-freezing temperatures and possible snow in our future. The consequences of getting caught 100 miles from home on summer tires in a snow/ice storm is a lot worse than a little tread wear.