WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Worked a half day Monday at our Appleton location and then went home to finish due to the snow. Went to Fond du Lac office Tuesday to work. Worked from home yesterday and today. I work a half day tomorrow that I usually work out of the Appleton office, but with the soft phone on my computer, I'll probably just finish the week off from home.

Finally starting to warm up around 9am this morning. Some of my water lines at home froze and one of them cracked last night. Never good when you hear running water behind one of your walls. Worst part is, it happened in my bathroom and I only have one bathroom. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that yet, never had to rip down drywall before...

31998463737_bf5a27e85c_z.jpg*31998463417_47160a1bd2_z.jpg

3 hours ago, suspenceful said:

Finally starting to warm up around 9am this morning. Some of my water lines at home froze and one of them cracked last night. Never good when you hear running water behind one of your walls. Worst part is, it happened in my bathroom and I only have one bathroom. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that yet, never had to rip down drywall before...

It sounds like a fun time. Dry walling and fixing houses is easy peasy. If you can build a car, you can fix a house. :)

17 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

It sounds like a fun time. Dry walling and fixing houses is easy peasy. If you can build a car, you can fix a house. :)

It'll be another good learning experience. I've already learned so many things as a homeowner. Replacing a toilet, repairing the internals of a washing machine, removing/repairing an in-wall microwave, fixing leaking faucets, tracing down electrical shorts and rewiring outlets, the do's and dont's of tearing down and replacing a roof.

And it's only been 3 years!

3 hours ago, Nick_F said:

Any 335 experts on here? Looking for some troubleshooting help for power loss 

I don't know about experts but a few of us are familiar with owning an n54/n55 so you could say we're familiar with fixing them since "kinda broken" or misfiring tend to be their favorite states of being.

Do what are the symptoms.  Any codes?

Edit: there actually is one expert on here but he hasn't frequented the site recently.

I havent done a carbon cleaning since the dealer told me with the n55 it's less of an issue and should be done around 100k. Plugs should be here in the next few days but I didnt order coils. If the plugs dont fix it that might have to be next. I cant do a log since I didnt purchase that part of MHD but starting to think I should. 

18 minutes ago, Nick_F said:

I havent done a carbon cleaning since the dealer told me with the n55 it's less of an issue and should be done around 100k. Plugs should be here in the next few days but I didnt order coils. If the plugs dont fix it that might have to be next. I cant do a log since I didnt purchase that part of MHD but starting to think I should. 

If you plan to continue modding/maintaining the car, logs are a good thing to get familiar with. Wouldn't hurt to purchase that module if that's the case.

12 minutes ago, Nick_F said:

So I was leaving working and started my car just for it to fall on its face and stall. Started it again and all was good besides the sluggish performance. 40 minutes later I was leaving the vendor I went to meet with and got a service engine soon light. 

Since you recently messed with the charge pipe and TMAP sensor, I'd start there. Check all charge pipe connections, check to make sure it is connected to the throttle body properly with the C-clip.