WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

9 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

We need to start a petition to stop this nonsense 

I dont even like Miller, but dammit we are the Milwaukee Brewers, and our stadium should be beer themed.  

How did MillerCoors get bullied out of this? 

I'd like to know the details as well, but I'd guess that miller either lowballed or offered less and AmFam came in with a higher bid that miller wouldn't match/beat.

I hate when they rename buildings that are basically landmarks.

In case you have all forgotten the Brewers played at a stadium that did not have a beer name for 30 years... County Stadium anyone?  From what I've heard MillerCoors didn't want another long term deal so AmFam stepped up.  I don't understand the hate though, AmFam is a Wisconsin based company that's looking to build more offices in Milwaukee and invests heavily back into Wisconsin communities along with being the 17th largest employer in the state.  MillerCoors moved headquarters out of Wisconsin, isn't even a top 100 employer in Wisconsin, cut jobs in 2018 and has shifted community focus outside of Wisconsin. 

Nostalgia is a dangerous emotion if not kept in check with facts so someone please let me know if I've said anything incorrect.

18 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

In case you have all forgotten the Brewers played at a stadium that did not have a beer name for 30 years... County Stadium anyone?  From what I've heard MillerCoors didn't want another long term deal so AmFam stepped up.  I don't understand the hate though, AmFam is a Wisconsin based company that's looking to build more offices in Milwaukee and invests heavily back into Wisconsin communities along with being the 17th largest employer in the state.  MillerCoors moved headquarters out of Wisconsin, isn't even a top 100 employer in Wisconsin, cut jobs in 2018 and has shifted community focus outside of Wisconsin. 

Nostalgia is a dangerous emotion if not kept in check with facts so someone please let me know if I've said anything incorrect.

Good highlights, and that changes the feels for sure. I still think it should be named Brewers stadium or something similar though.

On another Note, I know your all in the market for a 1996 MOMSTER truck dodge caravan with a 318 Chrysler V8 so dont be shy to show up at my shop with $300 and a trailer to take it home on. 🤣

56 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

How many times did County Stadium change names?  Zero.  They ripped it down and built a new one, it was called Miller Park.  If AmFam want's to rip down miller park and build AmFam Park, fine.  That would be cool.  Buildings of this caliber are defining landmarks of a city.  It seems wrong to change the name, maybe it was improperly named to begin will.  Maybe 'Brewers Stadium by Miller' would have been better.

For me, it's not even Nostalgia, it just seems wrong.  No better than taking a corner stone off a building.

No dog in this naming fight, but would like the stadium tax to go away. Despite promises that it's almost done and will be phased out I'm not holding my breath on that one. First slated sunset was 2014, and then moved back to 2018, and then to the current promises of end of 2019 or 2020 at the latest.

Stadium has been an asset and the parking lot is great as an autox venue, but the political maneuverings that got this approved in 1996 were a travesty.

15 minutes ago, Boris3 said:

and the parking lot is great as an autox venue

not anymore 😥

It feels like re-naming a boat, which is apparently really bad luck (and pisses off Poseidon, which is something I'd like to avoid when on a boat). In all fairness, it sounds like Miller doesn't want to pay up for the naming rights and so it makes perfect business sense to bring in a new sponsor so there probably isn't much anyone can do about it. I will likely just keep calling it Miller park out of habit since it's been that way for nearly 20 years. 

1 minute ago, Boris3 said:

What happened? I haven't been down there in a while.

I got an email from the MKE region SCCA confirming that the Brewers were no longer renting the lots for any driving events (not just SCCA, sounds like everyone)... hopefully they can find a new place to run in the area. Not sure anything would be comparable though, Miller Park's lots were basically perfect.  

3 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

Anybody else down the HiFi audio rabbit hole?

Why are all of my interests expensive?

I've been avoiding It, just sticking with mid level home theater set up for now until I can upgrade speakers. Then I can justify the time of ripping CD's to lossless and buying what I want or a Tidal subscription.

5 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

Anybody else down the HiFi audio rabbit hole?

Why are all of my interests expensive?

I wouldn't say any of my stuff is HiFi (nor do I really need it to be), but I suppose it's not too bad for a college student. I've got a pair of Chane A1.4's across the front with a set of Wharfedale 10.1's as surrounds, and a BIC PL200 II used mainly for movies. The last piece of the current puzzle is a center, but I've been really dragging my feet on it.