WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

32 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

I have questions for you!!!

I will be listing a car on there soon, and want to know some things. 

• Did you take all the pictures , and are there requirements from BAT?
  • Did you write the listing or does BAT do that? They all seem to be written in the same manor
  • How much did is cost you, and do they take a percentage?
  • How is shipping handled?

4 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

I took the pictures, I wrote up a description and they trimmed it down to about 500 words with BaT terminology lol.  99$ cost to the seller, the buyer pays a percentage of the ending price.  After the auction they connect the buyer and seller to arrange shipping payment etc.  The actual sale is between the two parties.

So what happens if the winner of the bid ends up not wanting to pay what he bid?

On 1/10/2019 at 4:34 AM, REKIII said:

We all do.  It's like some sort of side effect you get from BMW ownership.  You buy any BMW at any time and after a while all of a sudden this weird feeling starts creeping over you, something you just can't explain.  It can go on for years before you finally identify it as 'I want an e30'.  

I'm that weird BMW owner that likes old BMW's and has never wanted an e30.  Apparently I have some immunity built in to my body so if someone would like to reverse engineer this to get a cure i'm willing to give up some blood.

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I'm that weird BMW owner that likes old BMW's and has never wanted an e30.  Apparently I have some immunity built in to my body so if someone would like to reverse engineer this to get a cure i'm willing to give up some blood.

E30 vert is my only desire and it’s lower on the list. E28 sedans and e24 coupes are the top 👍🏼

GLWS John! Excited to see/hear how the BaT process works 2nd hand.

6 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

I did one on an F32, I don't remember it being too much trouble, what brand is it?  It was a while ago so I don't remember exactly.  I think the one I put in was AEM maybe.

It's an armmotorsports. The more I look online the more I see people having issues with the companies fitment. I gave it a really good push and their is no way it should take that much force. I put the stock one back on and will be returning it. 

I received this bummer of an email from the SCCA today:

There has been rumblings of us losing Miller Park as an autocross event site.  Unfortunately, we are here to confirm this is true. 

Following our request for 2019 event dates, we were informed that The Brewers would not be renting the lots for driving events.  We are not the only group asked to not return, all known driving event rentals have ceased.  The maintenance of the parking lot was given as the reason for the change.  We reached out to them to try to salvage something for the 2019 season, that attempt was unsuccessful and at this point we need to move on.  The door hasn't been completely closed with regards to future events, we will stay in touch and do our best to return to the stadium. 

The Milwaukee Brewers have been a great partner with the club for over 40 years, we ask that everyone treat them with respect with regards to their decision.  We do not want to see any negative campaigns toward the Milwaukee Brewers and/or Miller Park, as we do not want to burn any bridges, please keep this in mind when discussing the situation.

We are exploring options for alternate event locations and will make schedule annoucements as we have more infomation to provide. 

Sorry to deliver this news,

Milwaukee Region SCCA - Autocross Committee

Hopefully they can find a new location in the area!