WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Well this is fucking stupid... 2019 Ford Ranger will require the LF wheel removed in order to access the oil filter.

A service procedure obtained by TTAC states that, after removing the left front wheel, a technician or owner must then remove an access panel secured by nine push-pin retainers. From there, one removes the filter with an end cap tool. To actually drain the oil, which of course you’ll accomplish before attacking that filter, you’ll first need to unbolt the power steering control module underbody shield. Four bolts hold that on.

28 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Well this is fucking stupid... 2019 Ford Ranger will require the LF wheel removed in order to access the oil filter.

A service procedure obtained by TTAC states that, after removing the left front wheel, a technician or owner must then remove an access panel secured by nine push-pin retainers. From there, one removes the filter with an end cap tool. To actually drain the oil, which of course you’ll accomplish before attacking that filter, you’ll first need to unbolt the power steering control module underbody shield. Four bolts hold that on.

Good Gerb Ferd. Maybe you can just ask the O.B.O.S. to remove it?

(On Board Owl System)

Image result for Dumb Ford Gif

although i agree car makers should make things easier to fix, rather than more difficult - removing a wheel and fender liner sounds better than crawling under the car and doing a reach-around with hot exhaust manifolds and such. i do not miss oil changes on my m20 e30.  we are pretty spoiled with our BMW top access filter housings.

3 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

although i agree car makers should make things easier to fix, rather than more difficult - removing a wheel and fender liner sounds better than crawling under the car and doing a reach-around with hot exhaust manifolds and such. i do not miss oil changes on my m20 e30.  we are pretty spoiled with our BMW top access filter housings.

You got that right. I was explaining why I DIY all my oil changes to some of my domestic-owner friends, who were complaining about what a PITA it is to change the oil on their cars. All I said was "my filter is on top of the engine, and it takes me about ten minutes..." They didn't want to talk to me much after that.

8 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Customer will still expect it to be done in 15min 😂

10 minutes ago, Nick_F said:

Just bought some nankangs... hopefully they will help me survive the winter unlike the Michelin pss that came on my car. Anyone else run these? I saw a couple people run them as daily tires when I searched the forum 

What model Nankangs? Ive only run noble sports for stance points.

Just now, Nick_F said:

The Ns-25's. I saw a good amount of positive reviews so I figured I'd give it a shot and I didnt want to dig too far into my wheel and coils fund. 

I personally haven't, but the internet doesn't lie. 🤔 IDK I base 98% of my purchases from the internet, Im sure they will work fine for basic driving.

Just now, Jdesign said:

I personally haven't, but the internet doesn't lie. 🤔 IDK I base 98% of my purchases from the internet, Im sure they will work fine for basic driving.

Haha yea the internet is always right. They will just be to get me through the rest of winter so I think they will be fine. If not I guess I'll learn my lesson on cheap tires

8 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

I really want to buy an e30... Hmmmm.

We all do.  It's like some sort of side effect you get from BMW ownership.  You buy any BMW at any time and after a while all of a sudden this weird feeling starts creeping over you, something you just can't explain.  It can go on for years before you finally identify it as 'I want an e30'.  

3 hours ago, REKIII said:

We all do.  It's like some sort of side effect you get from BMW ownership.  You buy any BMW at any time and after a while all of a sudden this weird feeling starts creeping over you, something you just can't explain.  It can go on for years before you finally identify it as 'I want an e30'.  

Interesting. My situation happened backwards to that. I bought an E30, and drove it home. Opened the garage a few weeks later and suddenly I have all these other shitty BMW's that must have followed me.