WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

51 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

Anyone buy anything cool / exciting for black Friday / cyber Monday? 

I picked up a new bike, and am not patiently waiting for its arrival. 
image.png

Ohh man that looks like fun

I bought a few things I needed for the swap project. Tried really hard to stay off the internet otherwise...

2 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Thats super cheap land. I bet you cant build on it because of some dumb law.

There was a house there, but it burned down leaving just the garage. I'm sure you could build on it, but yeah I'm sure someone would get bent out of shape if you tried to build a nice shop there. Maybe you could build a "house" on a slab foundation with a large "unfinished" space and a discreetly placed overhead door...

Washing my dads e39 after work today to store it for the winter.  I don't know if I mentioned it before.  It's a '98 528iT, 88k miles.  It's rarely been winter driven so no rust at all.  It has some dings and scuffs but in pretty good shape.  It isn't anything spectacular Biarritz Blue with grey interior.  But they have plenty of cars so no need to drive it in the winter.

yeah, McCarthy has been a terrible game manager for a long time. Rodgers and the team were good enough to (sort of) cover up the terrible play calling. 

i have to say though, I was pleasantly surprised when McCarthy went for it on the 4th down near the endzone in the 2nd quarter. Normally he would have pussed out and kicked the field goal. 

You can tell he knew his job was on the line for the last week or two. I noticed he started to spice up his play calling... going for it on a few 4th downs, some tricky WR runs, etc. But it still wasn't enough. He's a good coach in the grand scheme of things, but it's been time for him to move on. He'll get picked up by another team in no time.

I'll be guy to say it... Rodgers doesn't look much like himself either. Overthrowing balls, making receivers have to reach back/low/high for balls on easy passes, etc.

8 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

The Cleveland Browns is a more appealing head coaching job from a roster perspective than the Packers right now.  Mike McCarthy was terrible but the front office has done NOTHING to help the team out.  There is no upside to the Packers right now other than having Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams.

I think the defense is certainly trending in the right direction, and next year we should clear up a bit of cap by letting bums like Nick Perry and Cobb go, and most likely Clay is gone too. That should give us more money to play with in free agency if Gute again feels like dipping his toes in. Let the DBs get healthy, pray that King can go at least 3 weeks without getting hurt, and we will have a tall, fast, ballhawking secondary minus a free safety.

Same thing on offense I think. Once A-aron finds chemistry with the rookie receivers we're going to be dangerous again if we get a coach/playcaller that schemes them open rather than relying on Rodgers to throw everyone open. Aaron Jones is a beast, he needs to touch the ball 20 times a game instead of 10. Like 30 other teams, we need offensive line help..

Two of my friends and I got our own shop space a month or two ago. We were all running out of room in our own garages and were sick of doing projects/side-work at home without a lift. Found a big building with a lot of garage space and finished space. It was a mess and very dark/dirty. Here is just a fraction of the space before/after.

44364276360_3ec5849305_c.jpg

45381551364_04fd6aed84_z.jpg 45438373724_68a1a0dc64_z.jpg

46055420322_59aceefd56_z.jpg 46111608322_0fbbb50d5f_z.jpg

32234165778_d839e5c75a_c.jpg 45438384744_a491f689ba_z.jpg

46055449932_90401fa7ef_z.jpg 46162557291_5099ff7d52_z.jpg

46055448062_a596305d2d_z.jpg 31222989007_831021f46b_z.jpg

This pack of 8 LED shop lights really helped brighten up the place. If I were to do it again, I would just go ahead and order the 12 pack. Great lights for the price, IMO. Still a ways to go as far as cleaning, improving and remodeling.

The plan is to do cash jobs to help foot the rent bill every month, that way we have a shop/lift/tire machine at our disposal for our own projects.