WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

2 hours ago, jc43089 said:

I used to work for a place that bought aluminum cans.  It was always funny to call people out on trying to add junk in their cans to get a few extra pennies.  Empty whole cans weigh the same per barrel so if yours weigh more... Or if sand is coming out of the bag when dumping them out...

That's why you have to pay off the guy weighing them. Everybody wins!

1 hour ago, Jdesign said:

Next you'll be telling us its an auto trans too. 

Have thee no faith?

It is 5 speed, 126k. 

With each passing day I grew less and less interested in the E30. It simply needed too much work, I have no space, no tools, and coupled with a lack of motivation I knew it was just going to rot in the garage. Time to move on, but I'm sure I'll be back in a BMW soon enough, I always come back....

Next time though, I'm thinking another M car.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:43 PM, Rekpoint said:

Sounds like @Tkuhn got a shout-out for wiring up this beast.

Yessir! That whole build was kinda under wraps while I was doing the wiring because it was half wrapped and he wanted the color to be a surprise. That was one hell of a wiring project tho.

I dont have many pictures left but this is the chassis harness. Completely removed the OEM stuff and only ran the essentials. Running lights, blinkers, brake lights, headlights. Blinkers worked off a stripped down OEM switch, brakes off the normal brake switch and everything else off the longacre switch panel. Which included a one speed wiper function as well.

20180129_205557.jpg