WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

4 hours ago, Jdesign said:

@P_Roloff  please make sure the body work on that formula car doesn't look like a driving penis this year. It seems the last few cars that MSOE made, look like the ambiguously gay duo car. <_<

Related image

Haha i'll see what i can do, the nose on this car is significantly shorter and the nose cone wider than in years past. I think it looks a lot better, but it's still the same general shape.

So I let my sister in law borrow my wagon for a week then it sat on jack stands for 2 weeks or so as I worked on replacing the AOC filter.  I noticed my steering wheel was crooked and it was darty afterwards which was odd since i never touched the suspension so I took it in for an alignment.  Toe was absolutely fucked front and rear and we ended up finding the rear control arm wwas bent severely.  Nothing a come-a-long can't fix...

20181030_110320.jpg20181030_112602.jpg

11 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

So I let my sister in law borrow my wagon for a week then it sat on jack stands for 2 weeks or so as I worked on replacing the AOC filter.  I noticed my steering wheel was crooked and it was darty afterwards which was odd since i never touched the suspension so I took it in for an alignment.  Toe was absolutely fucked front and rear and we ended up finding the rear control arm wwas bent severely.  Nothing a come-a-long can't fix...

So... guessing she hit a curb?

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

20181030_110320.jpg20181030_112602.jpg

Oh that Haldex AOC filter is a joy.  Just wait until you need to replace the pump...  You have to remove the driveshaft and input flange to get enough clearance.

Also I like to run near 0 toe in the rear.  It eliminates the side hop feeling when cornering over bumpy ground.  Maybe the XC doesn't have that issue?  Or maybe you don't take sweeping corners at high speeds?

41 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

Anyone else see the S55 swapped E30 M3 at SEMA?

Yes. there are a few nice BMWs at SEMA. You just need to weed through all the garbage to find them. That thing seems to be on my news feed every 5 mins though. Seems like a really nice car for a student build. $$$

1 hour ago, GB-335xiCoupe said:

So... guessing she hit a curb?

43 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

the obvious thing to do is borrow her car, smack it into a light pole, then give it back and say nothing.

someone has to the the adult in the situation, and it sure isn't going to be you.

#family

Hahaha @straight6pwr!  She really is a sweet girl.  I haven't asked her about it yet but I doubt if she knew she damaged it that she'd try and hide it from me.  There was no other damage other than the bent control arm.  I have an alignment check from when I bought the car where rear toe is perfect then my wife drives it to and from LaCrosse then my SIL get's it for a week immediately after that and it was all jacked up.  Between the two of them something happened to it.  Oh well.

28 minutes ago, jc43089 said:

Oh that Haldex AOC filter is a joy.  Just wait until you need to replace the pump...  You have to remove the driveshaft and input flange to get enough clearance.

Also I like to run near 0 toe in the rear.  It eliminates the side hop feeling when cornering over bumpy ground.  Maybe the XC doesn't have that issue?  Or maybe you don't take sweeping corners at high speeds?

I had to drop the driveshaft and pop out the input flange to get the filter out!  I couldn't for the life of me get the two bolts out and the driveshaft was stuck to the input flange.  It was a real pain in the ass!  I ended up having the DEM rebuilt during this time to.  I haven't really pushed this thing hard in corners since the suspension is so squishy so I haven't experienced the rear hopping out on me.  The travel on this thing is insane though!  I'd love to get a lift on it and some knobbier tires than the SRX's I have on it but for this winter it'll do fine.

19 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I had to drop the driveshaft and pop out the input flange to get the filter out!  I couldn't for the life of me get the two bolts out and the driveshaft was stuck to the input flange.  It was a real pain in the ass!  I ended up having the DEM rebuilt during this time to.  I haven't really pushed this thing hard in corners since the suspension is so squishy so I haven't experienced the rear hopping out on me.  The travel on this thing is insane though!  I'd love to get a lift on it and some knobbier tires than the SRX's I have on it but for this winter it'll do fine.

I think I had to make a custom allen wrench tool to get the screws out for the filter.  Did you have Xemodex rebuild the DEM?  Was it corroded?  I got lucky and my pump failed open instead of shorting out and wrecking the DEM too.  Do you have VIDA to check out pump current draw and pressure sensor reading?

2 hours ago, jc43089 said:

I think I had to make a custom allen wrench tool to get the screws out for the filter.  Did you have Xemodex rebuild the DEM?  Was it corroded?  I got lucky and my pump failed open instead of shorting out and wrecking the DEM too.  Do you have VIDA to check out pump current draw and pressure sensor reading?

whatever you guys are on about is boring. shouldnt you be talking about turbos or meatballs or candy fish?