WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I drove ~30 hours round trip to New York this weekend to pick up a 2013 X5 M-Sport. Turned out to be a polished turd that had been in a really, really bad accident at some point. After pointing out all the flaws to the kid that owned the small used car dealership, we both agreed it wasn't worth nearly what he was asking. We still couldn't agree on a price, and I drove back home empty handed. The trip cost me ~$1,000 and he wouldn't even refund my deposit. 10/10 douche. First time I've ever had to dispute a credit card charge.

Just thought I'd share how crappy my last weekend was. At least I stopped at Niagara Falls on the way back home and got to see the falls illuminated while fireworks went off. That was pretty cool. If anyone has a lead on a 2012 or 2013 X5 35i with M-Sport package, cold weather package, convenience package, technology package, heated steering wheel with paddle shifters and heated/cooled/massage front seats... let me know. I know I'm looking for a unicorn, so I'll be looking for a while. Will spend up to $25k.

6 hours ago, YoungCR said:

The cooled/massage front seats are gonna be the hardest to find outside of a X5M. I can’t recall seeing many m sport 35i’s either but good luck with your search!  It’s a great SUV.

Believe it or not, I see more cooled/massage front seats than heated steering wheels for the M-Sports. The combo I'm looking for is out there, I just have to be patient.

I suck at being patient...

18 hours ago, suspenceful said:

I drove ~30 hours round trip to New York this weekend to pick up a 2013 X5 M-Sport. Turned out to be a polished turd that had been in a really, really bad accident at some point. After pointing out all the flaws to the kid that owned the small used car dealership, we both agreed it wasn't worth nearly what he was asking. We still couldn't agree on a price, and I drove back home empty handed. The trip cost me ~$1,000 and he wouldn't even refund my deposit. 10/10 douche. First time I've ever had to dispute a credit card charge.

Just thought I'd share how crappy my last weekend was. At least I stopped at Niagara Falls on the way back home and got to see the falls illuminated while fireworks went off. That was pretty cool. If anyone has a lead on a 2012 or 2013 X5 35i with M-Sport package, cold weather package, convenience package, technology package, heated steering wheel with paddle shifters and heated/cooled/massage front seats... let me know. I know I'm looking for a unicorn, so I'll be looking for a while. Will spend up to $25k.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=495177453&zip=53202&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D53202%26startYear%3D2012%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26engineCodes%3D6CLDR%26firstRecord%3D175%26endYear%3D2013%26modelCodeList%3DX5%26makeCodeList%3DBMW%26searchRadius%3D0&startYear=2012&numRecords=25&firstRecord=175&endYear=2013&modelCodeList=X5&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=BMW&modelCode1=X5

This one looks like it checks all your boxes

Miller Lite is one of the more adjuncty tasting macros IMO. Over-priced for what it is. A little fuller tasting than some other light beers, but still basically fizzy water.

The fact that they call it a pilsner is a pretty funny though. At least they have a sense of humor.

Decided to sit in my car and go through the original 1998 BMW accessory catalog that came with it 

IMG_3419.JPG

This is a actual BMW catalog, and in the bike rack section there is a e38 catching air over a hill and smashing into the ground lmao

IMG_3416.JPG

Untitled.png

Must be okay to jump e38's over railroad tracks, we all know what happens when you jump a e36 over one

IMG_3422.JPG

Exactly how I picture every z3 roadster owner

That was you?? There was a white SUV(?)  that came flying through traffic and then I see / hear this other blur. You're right, ricer gear drop and blasted off. Thought two crazy folks were just playing. When you took off it looked like you were trying to catch the other guy.

Seemed like two or three cops were working that stretch up until Burleigh. One got the SUV and I was looking to see what happened to the Del Sol thinking it had also gotten bit but you were long gone or had already pulled off. 

Yeah that was me lol. That SUV was really cruising before it got to you too. It actually slowed down when I dropped a gear so I had to get off the throttle pretty quick. I was going to drop back by you and do it again but that cop flashed his lights once to warn that SUV. Then he drove for a few miles and decided to pull them over. The other day there were five cops in a row with people pulled over on that same stretch haha