WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, SteelBlue said:

We will be camping right past the tree line on the right side when you go through the Sargento bridge intersection towards the Carousel.

I will be right over there too, campsite 287.  I'll have a black e36 coupe.

I had an exciting day, Friday night one leg of my service shorted out and blew a fuse, it was shorted to ground.  I didn't want to pay the after hours charge for the utility guys to come out so I made do without one leg and planned for today.  I dug a 70' trench and made a Menard's run.  I got a Type 3R breaker box to hang on the pole under the meter socket and other goodies.  The co-op guys came this morning and replaced the janky old wiring with a 200A service to the new box on the pole, I just finished getting everything hooked up in the house, I replaced the breaker box in the house too because some genius didn't use duct seal and it was corroded on the neutral bus.

On 7/16/2018 at 11:53 PM, jc43089 said:

I had an exciting day, Friday night one leg of my service shorted out and blew a fuse, it was shorted to ground.  I didn't want to pay the after hours charge for the utility guys to come out so I made do without one leg and planned for today.  I dug a 70' trench and made a Menard's run.  I got a Type 3R breaker box to hang on the pole under the meter socket and other goodies.  The co-op guys came this morning and replaced the janky old wiring with a 200A service to the new box on the pole, I just finished getting everything hooked up in the house, I replaced the breaker box in the house too because some genius didn't use duct seal and it was corroded on the neutral bus.

Had the similar thing happen to me about 10 years ago - neutral went to ground. We not at home when it happened. It fried a whole bunch of components in the entertainment center, including the TV, and the lights would go super bright and then real low, and kept cycling like that. The garage door opener was acting real funky too. It was like the house was possessed! Walked in to the smell of ozone because it had baked one of my surge protectors. Fortunately no fire resulted. The WPS told me the neutral went to ground near the terminal box behind my house. Someone had nicked it with a shovel (outside of my property so I know it wasn't me) and it eventually corroded. Fun stuff.

So my son was supposed to start at a new in home daycare tomorrow since we moved.  Well my wife forgot to CCAP the husband and after doing so last night we find out that he's been charged with multiple domestic violence.  We ask the lady today about this and she says "Yea, he's been out of the house for a week now and won't be back."  The last charge was April of '17!  What the fuck is wrong with people!  Now we're scrambling to find childcare until we can get him into another place.

35 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

So my son was supposed to start at a new in home daycare tomorrow since we moved.  Well my wife forgot to CCAP the husband and after doing so last night we find out that he's been charged with multiple domestic violence.  We ask the lady today about this and she says "Yea, he's been out of the house for a week now and won't be back."  The last charge was April of '17!  What the fuck is wrong with people!  Now we're scrambling to find childcare until we can get him into another place.

is a person able to legally operate a child care if one of the people in the house is a violent offender? thats fucked up.

3 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

is a person able to legally operate a child care if one of the people in the house is a violent offender? thats fucked up.

You know i'm not 100% sure but you'd hope not.  I understand the embarrasment of having to tell someone that your husband has been charged with domestic abuse in the past but for fucks sake when it's other peoples children you might want to disclose that.  Like, I still wouldn't put my kid in that house but at least aknowledge it and tell me that you're seeking therapy together or some shit.

So, after taking this pic...:

VxJid3G.jpg

...I've become more than a little interested in Madison graffiti. I posted the pic on reddit, and some people there were kind enough to inform me that the tag reads "METER", and this person is an OG around here. Since then, I've taken a couple of lengthy walks around the downtown area (during daylight hours, for better or worse) to see what else is out there. One of his tags that I had seen earlier has already been painted over. There are a lot of spots on walls and utility boxes that you can tell have been painted over to remove graffiti, so it seems like the city in general does a pretty good job of cleaning up after them. I still managed to find plenty out there. The one thing that never seems to get painted over is dumpsters, so that's the easiest place to find stuff. There's another "artist" here that seems to have an affinity for climbing, because I've seen him up a lot on rooftop HVAC units; another area that probably doesn't get painted over as quickly. Another interesting one that I've seen around is this guy who does these faces on USPS shipping labels and sticks them up:

6j2hIqh.jpg

Mostly, I'm just looking to get some practice with the camera, and it gives me something to do on any 'ol weekday evening. Plus, an excuse to grab a gyro/slice of pizza/beer/etc while I'm downtown. 🙂

9FUCPgl.jpg

LmrIAWr.jpg

KVP5uDD.jpg

3qrMisn.jpg