WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

11 hours ago, snap said:

Operation Surfin Bird takes place tomorrow. Updates to come. 

I actually have the insane vocal breakdown from the middle of that song as the text-message sound on my phone. Receiving a text while in a public place never fails to get a reaction from people. E-mail is the sound of a mourning dove, which also confuses the hell out of people occasionally (mostly while indoors).

He hasn't turned his radio on all day. I may try to surfin' bird someone at a stoplight on the way home. The transmitter will work a few feet away on weaker signal stations. 102.1 it only works if its a couple inches away because of how strong the signal is 

Operation Surfin' Bird Update:

Co-worker turned his radio on. the volume is too low for me to hear if its working consistently. He walked back from the printer saying "bird bird bird..."  and mentioned that they interjected that song on the radio for some reason.  So it is at least working. Just need him to turn the volume up a bit more so i know its receiving my transmissions consistently. Then the fun will begin

I was on the wrong frequency.

He walked over to the printer again long enough  for me to go see what frequency it was and turn the volume up. He walked off singing "Bird bird bird..."

Now he is getting Scatman. He thinks his cell phone is somehow interfering.

"Now i've got Scatman. is someone hacking into this radio station?!?"

Update: he changed stations and I found the new station and gave him another dose of Surfin Bird. He isnt happy. Went off on a rant about how this is the second time they've played it and then he had scatman. He is now trying to blame another co-worker for somehow putting this garbage on his radio

Update: NOW ON AIR  Tunak Tunak Tun 

"MY RADIO HAS GONE NUTS AGAIN!"

Update: He is mad at his radio and has turned it off. Trying to decide whether to be in this for the long run and just drop the occasional annoying song every week or if I should ramp it up and freak him out with non music broadcasts such as a personalized message that I type out dictated through a text-to-speech website

Curious if anyone wants to get more sexy wibimmers tshirts. Want to get enough people together to do another run so I can get in on the fun.

IDK possibly you stained your shirt with oil or coolant.

Say I if you're in. 

If enough people say I, Chris will possibly do another run ^.^

Today's co-worker radio hacking:

I played music from my co-workers own band that he plays bass guitar for. I found 3 tracks on their website. He got more freaked out than ever and immediately pinned me

co-worker:" okay Brian, how are you doing this?"
me: playing dumb, asking appropriate questions to avoid detection, asking whether another co-worker he was blaming last week was up to something.

I am back off his radar. He went and asked the guy that he accused last week and he, playing along, said "well i did put a new battery in my ipod so maybe now its extra powerful *wink wink nudge nudge*" 

He then relayed to all in earshot the short history of how one day they played surfin' bird 3 times, then there was some kid singing, and some other stuff and now his own band.

"its freakin' me out"

Another co-worker walked by his cubicle, knowing what is going on, laughing pretty good. now he is being accused.

57 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

You should find some emergency broadcasts as a finale.  Something to really freak him out.

Hahaha that would be fantastic.

Don't do anything for a week or two so he starts to forget about the radio acting weird, then out of nowhere play something like this on a Friday with nice weather: