WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

It's actually not expensive for them to use the aircraft. Spoke to a Trooper buddy of mine and the pilots they use volunteered their time (and used their own money) to get certified, the planes are borrowed from regular citizens in most cases, so they're really only out the cost of fuel.

Also, it works better as a deterrent when they plaster the warnings all over that there's a big mean airplane in the sky watching them. Even if they go out and pound  traffic for 2 hours with the plane, word gets around that the planes are out and people slow down. For them it's a win-win.

1 minute ago, YoungCR said:

Last time summer when they sky patrolled the beltline in Madison the average speed was something like 72mph of people puller over in a 55 lol. 

Man, if you're doing the speed limit on the belt line though you're getting passed left and right!  Doesn't mean it's right but following the flow of traffic is a lot safer than being the slow one trying to merge or switch lanes.

7 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Man, if you're doing the speed limit on the belt line though you're getting passed left and right!  Doesn't mean it's right but following the flow of traffic is a lot safer than being the slow one trying to merge or switch lanes.

Agreed but 10+ is still excessive. They were trapping during non peak hours too so hence the higher speeds.

I ran out of gas for my first time ever this week and it wasn't in my thirsty s65!  I found out my company car (2018 Subaru Legacy) can go about 555 miles on a tank AND when it says you have 30 miles left you really have about 15.  It died on 39/90 south just outside of Edgerton.  I got to meet an acquaintance of @Ryan... though and he was really nice!  Safety truck showed up 30 minutes later, gave me some free gas and I was on my way.  As a car guy this was very embarrassing to have to continue to explain that yes, I ran out of gas.

I forgot to mention, the trooper that waited with me had just recently purchased an X3 and was really pumped on BMW's!  It certianly sucked because it caused me a small heart attack trying to figure out who was going to pick up my son since I didn't think I'd make it in time.  Overall it was a negative that was turned into a positive experience thanks to the trooper and the safety truck driver.

12 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I forgot to mention, the trooper that waited with me had just recently purchased an X3 and was really pumped on BMW's!  It certianly sucked because it caused me a small heart attack trying to figure out who was going to pick up my son since I didn't think I'd make it in time.  Overall it was a negative that was turned into a positive experience thanks to the trooper and the safety truck driver.

Sounds like you got kind of lucky there, I know a couple Troopers in that neck of the woods and they're mostly idiots.. It wasn't Trooper Zink, was it? 
First Trooper to ever stop me actually ended up becoming my coworker 1 year later, but he and I talked about Subarus on our traffic stop lol

1 minute ago, Ryan... said:

Sounds like you got kind of lucky there, I know a couple Troopers in that neck of the woods and they're mostly idiots.. It wasn't Trooper Zink, was it? 
First Trooper to ever stop me actually ended up becoming my coworker 1 year later, but he and I talked about Subarus on our traffic stop lol

Trooper Johanning.  He was a nice guy.  I had my Farm and Fleet stuff on and he talked about how much he loves Farm and Fleet.  I asked him if he happen to know you and he said yea so I had mentioned that I knew you through a BMW group and we started talking about his new X3 and how much him and his wife love it and so on.  

5 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:
Trooper Johanning.  He was a nice guy.  I had my Farm and Fleet stuff on and he talked about how much he loves Farm and Fleet.  I asked him if he happen to know you and he said yea so I had mentioned that I knew you through a BMW group and we started talking about his new X3 and how much him and his wife love it and so on.  

That's Cowboy!   He's awesome :D

From last year:

.79a5ef7ca2eabbad2a4175acec036de8.jpg

The co-worker on the other side of my lovely cubicle wall listens to the radio during the day. Its usually Oldies stuff or 60's/70's rock. 
Im going to get an FM car transmitter and hijack his radio soon. Should I:

A) play a song that fits his genre on repeat until he goes insane or gets confused (akin to John Mulaney's What's New Pussycat story)

B )play a selection of songs that dont fit his chosen radio station, such as some real twangy western or some vulgar rap music and keep matching the station he picks as he searches for a good station that isnt playing garbage

C) Something else

song ideas are welcomed

5 minutes ago, snap said:

The co-worker on the other side of my lovely cubicle wall listens to the radio during the day. Its usually Oldies stuff or 60's/70's rock. 
Im going to get an FM car transmitter and hijack his radio soon. Should I:

A) play a song that fits his genre on repeat until he goes insane or gets confused (akin to John Mulaney's What's New Pussycat story)

B )play a selection of songs that dont fit his chosen radio station, such as some real twangy western or some vulgar rap music and keep matching the station he picks as he searches for a good station that isnt playing garbage

C) Something else

song ideas are welcomed

I think if you can time it correctly (right when you know a song is about to start you override) this would be the most amusing and least suspecting option.