WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

22 minutes ago, suspenceful said:

If you want me to print this, I could do it (without the light blue).

It'd also be the most layered vinyl printed shirt I've ever done. Price from me would be $25 shipped on a heather gray Gildan tee. That doesn't include a cut to Mr Bassboy.

I'm happy to make it happen if you guys (and Bassboy) are down!

Why no light blue? Too infringement-like?

6 minutes ago, GB-335xiCoupe said:

Why no light blue? Too infringement-like?

The color has nothing to do with infringement. This whole design/BMW logo itself is copyrighted and it's a no-no to sell it either way.

With that said, I don't do screen printing. I use heat-adhesive vinyl and each color requires another process/layer. I don't have light blue in stock and don't want to buy vinyl just for this (and it'd drive the price up).

I have a pt test for my part time gig and I have a little different test first 40 push-ups in 2 minutes then 50 sit-ups in 2 minutes finally 2 miles in 16min 30sec. They do change it for age group and also for females "due to sociological differences."

last year I ran it in a little over 13 min, I was 21 so idk if it counts.

21 hours ago, suspenceful said:

If you want me to print this, I could do it (without the light blue).

It'd also be the most layered vinyl printed shirt I've ever done. Price from me would be $25 shipped on a heather gray Gildan tee. That doesn't include a cut to Mr Bassboy.

I'm happy to make it happen if you guys (and Bassboy) are down!

PM sent

speedy metals has always had bad prices on plate and sheet.  If you are setup as a customer with Speedy you get a 50% discount off their online price.  The worst part of the tariff for me is that last year I started on a really nice excel spreadsheet of structural steel properties, sizes, prices, availability etc  mostly as a quick reference for economical engineering. Sometimes you find that going from a 3/8" thick angle iron to a 1/2" thick makes a substantial negative impact on price and availability, when going to the next larger size of 3/8" thick angle iron gets you the strength you need for much less jingle.  anyways I need to go through all the prices again at once so I can have a single  snapshot of relative prices to reference. I knew this was going to happen since I didnt enter all the prices at once, but now they probably wont even be close.   

On 5/1/2018 at 11:42 AM, wasnt m3 said:

That really blows. Check with the local scrap yards. Odds are some junkie scrapped them.

That's what happened because they moved tools and stuff out of the storage unit but just took rims. The set with the drags was the only thing worth much. 

I went to the junkyards but I think they would rather turn a blind eye then loose out on money and deal with the police.

thanks everyone for your condolences 

22 hours ago, Daggerty said:

That's what happened because they moved tools and stuff out of the storage unit but just took rims. The set with the drags was the only thing worth much. 

I went to the junkyards but I think they would rather turn a blind eye then loose out on money and deal with the police.

thanks everyone for your condolences 

Holy shit man that blows!!!

I would just keep an eye out for those Drags. Those wheels arent very common and I doubt who ever took them has a use for them. 

PEOPLE SUCK.