WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

A very stupid dream last night:

It was Saturday October 14th at the start of the Devil's drive, about 150 people showed up and over half were lurkers of the 65 year old British roadster demographic (nothing wrong with that, just was unexpected) . Some dude had a megaphone and was ordering people around and told everyone to set off on the drive while I was in the crapper. TJ is with me, we try to catch up, he tells me my route is stupid and will take too long so he suggests a shortcut that sends us to Automotion where its chock full of FR-S bros doing the exact same drive route. The traffic, police, and stupidity were rampant.

the end.

If all goes well I should be back in an e30 sedan this weekend :) 

Suspension is all sorts of odd mix-n-matched stuff (Honda springs, Cadillac shocks in the rear), and he said it has a super-eta bottom with a 2.5 head, unknown cam and it has a "lumpy idle" but it looks hella clean rust wise. I figure suspension is easy enough to replace with e30 stuff, and as long as the motor runs I can take care of any issues that arise.

If all goes well I should be back in an e30 sedan this weekend [emoji4] 

Suspension is all sorts of odd mix-n-matched stuff (Honda springs, Cadillac shocks in the rear), and he said it has a super-eta bottom with a 2.5 head, unknown cam and it has a "lumpy idle" but it looks hella clean rust wise. I figure suspension is easy enough to replace with e30 stuff, and as long as the motor runs I can take care of any issues that arise.

Run it!

8 hours ago, Ryan... said:

Just send it!

9 hours ago, Ryan... said:

You still exist?!? 
We should do a Subaru exhaust to celebrate! 

1 hour ago, HipMF said:

What is that valance, and why is the license plate holder 2 different colors?

Don't know anything about the car, but I suspect you're got some work ahead of you...

It's a Zender valence if the stamp is to be believed. Likely removing that.

The underbody is clean, only spot of rust is on the driver's door, of which the seller gave me a rust free one. Brand new clutch/flywheel + a bunch of seals/gaskets with receipts. ODO stopped at 165k, unknown mileage but believed to be approx 180. Engine feels strong, trans feels great, interior is clean for the age.

The paint is completely fucked. I'm getting quotes tomorrow from couple places for a respray. Not looking for show quality, but I would like it to look presentable.

Already ordered a get me through the year suspension setup I ran on my first e30: Vogtland springs, KYB GR2 struts, and e90 drop hats. Needs tires, either going to stick with the bottlecaps and repaint them gunmetal, or find a cheap set of 15/16s.

• 2 weeks later...