WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

• 2 weeks later...

Went out to Jefferson swap meet/car show for something to do. Really strange being at a swap meet after a few years away. It's It's own sort of culture I guess... Turnout wasn't great because of the weather. The only thing I bothered to take a picture of was this barn-find Camero. It looked it had been fixed up just enough to get running and driving, but left as-is otherwise.P4290028.JPG

P4290031.JPG

22 hours ago, HipMF said:

Went out to Jefferson swap meet/car show for something to do. Really strange being at a swap meet after a few years away. It's It's own sort of culture I guess... Turnout wasn't great because of the weather. The only thing I bothered to take a picture of was this barn-find Camero. It looked it had been fixed up just enough to get running and driving, but left as-is otherwise.P4290028.JPG

P4290031.JPG

I usually go to all the swap meets at Jefferson throughout the year. Kind of a tradition with my dad and brother. Been going for many years. Decided to pass on this one due to the weather. Good to know we didn't miss much. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, SteelBlue said:

Where is @B C?

“How are you gentlemen!!”

I am alive but partaking of the car hobby in a much more manageable and scaled back manner.

The way I was trying to do it before was not in balance and not a good fit for my lifestyle.

Appreciate you thinking of me! Are you still involved with RA?

2 hours ago, B C said:

“How are you gentlemen!!”

I am alive but partaking of the car hobby in a much more manageable and scaled back manner.

The way I was trying to do it before was not in balance and not a good fit for my lifestyle.

Appreciate you thinking of me! Are you still involved with RA?

I am not. That was a fun couple of months, but they rightfully so have now dedicated someone to running their socials.

I would like to think that I pushed them in the right direction of actually utilizing their socials.

• 1 month later...

Oh, there was rock climbing too. Here's our old friend Ben on pitch 8 out of 11 on a climb called "Prime Rib".

20230617_142120.jpg

This pitch was my first outdoor lead, and the climb in general was my first multi-pitch adventure. I've wanted to do something like this since I started climbing, so it was pretty cool. Fun, but long.

On to the next challenge...

PS: Here's a picture of a lake:

20230618_170609.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20230715_214619_Chrome.jpg

Left vs Right is a distraction. It's been this way since the beginning of "civilization". I don't have any solutions, I just wanted to point out that "civilization" is the legalization of theft from the masses for the benefit of a few. Surely this 18 yr old has a much greater economic value than you or I, lol. Sorry, I'm a bit behind on the news.

• 1 month later...

Not BMW related but fun car stuff so figured I'd share. I took the Bronco for a day trip to Tigerton OHV park on Labor day and spent the day exploring the trails there.

373084314_2618791221630903_7106835670079676372_n.jpg

372013958_673053307761744_4607241516139181982_n.jpg

372158068_1024468152312901_6944824001774879357_n.jpg=

373482158_1071826303802039_7301189262598104866_n(1).jpg

Didn't take pics of any of the harder stuff but we got into some proper rock crawling in a few places where the skid plates and lockers came in handy. The only bummer of the day was that my wheels picked up a few scrape marks from some hidden rocks in a very avoidable (lol) mud hole... I'm considering switching them out to some steelies from a black diamond model so I don't need to worry about it as much next time. 10/10 though, would do it again.

1 hour ago, YoungCR said:

Didn’t know there were off road parks around here, looks fun! Any big adventures planned yet? Michigan sand dunes would be a fun weekend trip.

I think this one is the only one in the area that allows 4x4's, I was stoked to find there was something worth going to for a day trip! The wife and I are road tripping to the smokey mountains in Tennessee next month so I've been looking around for some trails to explore in that area or on the way while we're out there, thinking about taking a drive on the tail of the dragon while we're there too. We're also flying out to Moab in November so I wont have the Bronco there, but I will be doing a Bronco driving experience through Ford while we're there that's basically a guided day on trails all over the area which should be really cool. The dunes in Michigan is something I'd love to do at some point too, maybe next summer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 8:24 AM, The Full Banana said:

Does anyone has a e85/86 Z4 that I could sit in to see if I fit? I’m 6’5” and not skinny so sounds like it’s a coin toss from what I’ve read

Im looking at picking up a Z4M Coupe but really don’t want to fly cross country to find out I don’t fit…

Check on Autotempest and see if you can find one for sale locally and just test drive it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, m42b32 said:

Not BMW related but fun car stuff so figured I'd share. I took the Bronco for a day trip to Tigerton OHV park on Labor day and spent the day exploring the trails there.

373084314_2618791221630903_7106835670079676372_n.jpg

Didn't take pics of any of the harder stuff but we got into some proper rock crawling in a few places where the skid plates and lockers came in handy. The only bummer of the day was that my wheels picked up a few scrape marks from some hidden rocks in a very avoidable (lol) mud hole... I'm considering switching them out to some steelies from a black diamond model so I don't need to worry about it as much next time. 10/10 though, would do it again.

YYYOOOOOOOOO

I didn't know we had other 4x4 peeps here. I went down to The Badlands with my buddy a couple months back, had a blast!

I'm trying to get a group together for a winter run at Holly Oaks, December 9th.

Gladiator 1.jpg

Gladiator 2.jpg

On 9/7/2023 at 8:10 AM, m42b32 said:

I think this one is the only one in the area that allows 4x4's, I was stoked to find there was something worth going to for a day trip! The wife and I are road tripping to the smokey mountains in Tennessee next month so I've been looking around for some trails to explore in that area or on the way while we're out there, thinking about taking a drive on the tail of the dragon while we're there too. We're also flying out to Moab in November so I wont have the Bronco there, but I will be doing a Bronco driving experience through Ford while we're there that's basically a guided day on trails all over the area which should be really cool. The dunes in Michigan is something I'd love to do at some point too, maybe next summer!

Tigerton up by Wausau is closed for the year I think, but I think some local groups run events in the winter as well.

Holly Oaks is a 6.5 hr drive from the Madison area, they've got some fun looking obstacles and a Jeep Badge of Honor trail to boot. They have the magna rock area too which is supposed to replicate some Moab stuff too.

TN has two good parks, Windrock and Coalmont. Windrock supposedly has a ton of awesome options, all different levels of gnarly from gravel roads to "you might want 38s and lockers for that".

• 5 months later...