WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Your toes and shins stand no chance at 3am Lol

Eh, she's aight. I was thinking of doing geometry for the legs, but decided against it for this reason. It's not in a walkway so we good. 

12 hours ago, m42b32 said:

That looks really nice! The wood grain continuing through the pattern is a nice touch 

Thank you! I picked sepele for that reason! 

• 2 weeks later...

This last weekend I got the opportunity to go to the Rolex 24 with Michelin and it was absolutely amazing!  The race was awesome but the people we got to watch it with made it even better.  Our hosts were Paul Gerrard (The American Stig, Grand Tour), Didier Theys (Winner of Rolex 3x, Sebring 2x and 3x Lemans podiums), Butch Leitzinger (2x Lemans winner, 3x Daytona winner) and Kelly Williams (CASCAR driver and Pfaff motorsports driving coach).  We got to do a lap of Daytona with Paul in an M5 CS which was absolutely insane!  You think you've driven fast until you drive with a professional driver 🤣.  Doing 165 around the oval and 100+ through the infield was an experience I will never forget.  These guys did corner tours with us and had us looking at the driving in a whole new light.  The way they can diagnose what's going on and verbalize it is seriously impressive.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

While we were down in Daytona we had the opportunity to drive a few supercars out on a cruise route.  I got the chance to drive a C8, Huracan, Huracan Evo, R8 V10, 991.2 Carrera and Mclaren 570s.  Unfortunately I didn't take many photos.  The R8 had an absolutely obnoxious exhaust on it that made it near unbearable to drive but outside of that it was a great car to drive.  The Huracan was disappointing.  Terribly uncomfortable in the pedal box, seat adjustability did not suit a man my size, the paddles are stationary and overall it just wasn't that pleasant to drive.  The Huracan EVO on the other hand was like a totally different car.  The pedal box still sucked and was crowded and off center but it drove so much nicer.  It ticks off every emotional box while you're driving and scares you just enough.  I was genuinely giggling my ass off after my first pull in Corsa mode and I'm told I had the exhaust cherry red while driving it.  The 911 is a 911 and would be the most livable car but felt underpowered after driving the others which it should as a base Carerra.  The Mclaren was the one I wanted to spend more time in.  Very comfortable, handled well and had a very predictable power train with a steady pull when you gave it throttle.  I could absolutely live with that car.  The C8 might have been the most disappointing.  I drove it first and just thought it was a great engine with a good chassis and a shit transmission.  It kicked down a couple times on me when I wasn't expecting it to and would hang on to gears when I didn't want it to.  I tried driving it in manual mode and it definitely shifted fast but it wasn't a great driving experience.  I'm told it's wonderful on the track which I could absolutely believe I just didn't like it on the street.

Side note, I'm too wide for most carbon buckets I learned.  Sad day for the imaginary cars I was planning to buy.

IMG_0881[1].jpg

IMG_0880[1].jpg

• 2 months later...