WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

• 3 weeks later...

I know we've got some fisherman in the group so I wanted to share this one my son caught two weekends ago up in Luck, WI on Little Butternut Lake.  According to my scale it was a 14lb bowfin!  He caught it on a size 6 hook fishing for panfish.  He hooked it and reeled it in all by himself.  It's easily the largest fish he's ever caught!

99607022-FAD2-4C44-B124-39A696267ED1.jpeg

6878B4A7-0D09-4DEA-BA2E-813012720912.jpeg

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I know we've got some fisherman in the group so I wanted to share this one my son caught two weekends ago up in Luck, WI on Little Butternut Lake.  According to my scale it was a 14lb bowfin!  He caught it on a size 6 hook fishing for panfish.  He hooked it and reeled it in all by himself.  It's easily the largest fish he's ever caught!

99607022-FAD2-4C44-B124-39A696267ED1.jpeg

6878B4A7-0D09-4DEA-BA2E-813012720912.jpeg

Impressive...

10 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

very awesome! he looks excited. bowfins fight like hell too, so im sure the excitement will keep him coming back for more. 

He was so excited!  He's already addicted to fishing and after this he kept yelling "I LOVE FISHING!".  I also taught him how to kayak that weekend and he proclaimed he's an expert and wants a kayak for fishing.

17 hours ago, RobZR said:

He's hooked for life!!

I see what you did there...

Took the OM-D and Sigma mini-wide along for this weekend's climbing adventure.

zRJF9O0.jpg

B25rl3t.jpg

osEa1z4.jpg

I scrambled up the talus on the west bluff to a boulder problem called Super Slab, explored around the base of the prospect point area, then climbed Wiessner's Chimney. The top of Wiessner Wall is one of the best views of the lake that I've found so far. I'll have to get up there with a wide-angle in the next week or two when the colors get a bit better.

Thief's thieving?  Better ask the OEM's to add items that will inevitably raise the cost of vehicles and replacement parts.  Where the fuck is the common sense?  Makes too much sense to root cause the problem and focus on reducing theft when we can just make the consumer pay more for a deterrent that will be defeatedly sooner than later.

a32c0f0061452bec9e4bdcf21cd0d90c.png

Well I had a epic day yesterday. I discovered some roads in Wisconsin that I would never imagine existed. Im talking switchbacks, massive elevation changes, and hairpins. Black ribbons of glory. A few of the roads were not in ideal condition, but there were so many that had FRESH blacktop I was amazed. I drove through the drift-less area from Eu Claire, all the way to Sun Prairie just west of 94. It took me about 8 hours of driving as I was doubling back and taking roads that I couldn't hit. I marked a bunch of them that I felt were worthy of a future cruise. Im likely going to go back this weekend and verify I solid route as I will be staging a video for two of my friends cars in the area. 

17 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Well I had a epic day yesterday. I discovered some roads in Wisconsin that I would never imagine existed. Im talking switchbacks, massive elevation changes, and hairpins. Black ribbons of glory. A few of the roads were not in ideal condition, but there were so many that had FRESH blacktop I was amazed. I drove through the drift-less area from Eu Claire, all the way to Sun Prairie just west of 94. It took me about 8 hours of driving as I was doubling back and taking roads that I couldn't hit. I marked a bunch of them that I felt were worthy of a future cruise. Im likely going to go back this weekend and verify I solid route as I will be staging a video for two of my friends cars in the area. 

Eau Claire? 

SR33, highway C (Mindoro cut) ?

10 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Eau Claire? 

SR33, highway C (Mindoro cut) ?

Sounds about right. If you're looking for a legit switchback, there's one by Devil's Lake. I don't remember it being particularly photogenic, but there's plenty of rubber on the road from the fuckbois.

It's on street view as well.

IMG_20211009_064326.jpg

On 10/9/2021 at 6:44 AM, HipMF said:

Sounds about right. If you're looking for a legit switchback, there's one by Devil's Lake. I don't remember it being particularly photogenic, but there's plenty of rubber on the road from the fuckbois.

IMG_20211009_064326.jpg

We did that quite a few years ago, @straight6pwr has shots possibly of us. I'm all for a driving tour up there again.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:44 AM, HipMF said:

IMG_20211009_064326.jpg

I think we took this on the cruise one year.

@KaiserRolls Yea I was in that area but didn’t take the cut, I was just finding a bunch of roads off the beaten path. Cut through wildcat state park too.