WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

12 hours ago, HipMF said:

I emailed them, but they haven't gotten back to me. I'll give them a call after the holidays, but I'm leaning more towards just renting a dual sport/adventure touring bike and putt-putting around Arizona for a few days. Not as much fun, but ~1/4 the cost.

IMG_4544.jpeg

https://goo.gl/maps/BWzU8ykhkQEqiK2U8

Highway 60 East of Phoenix leads to some cool areas, I've done this drive twice now all the way to Albuquerque, NM.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:20 AM, Rekpoint said:

If anyone needs something 3d printed 4 cheeaaap feel free to shoot me a message. 

E30 vent and OBC gauge pods

E30 switch delete plates

E36 A pillar clips

E36 radio delete / door panel repair kit (Top brackets)

318ti 5.25 woofer conversion brackets for the rear

Some of the stuff I've been experimenting with. Doesn't even have to be car related. I can print you a CAT FFS. 

On 12/21/2020 at 7:44 AM, Bassboy3313 said:

Friendly competition I see. 

looking for an e30 front ashtray without the tray part, but still with a spot for 12v. 

similar to this, but without the full tray - or without the tray all together 

FDC26CC6-9F24-4295-A27C-845333C27202.jpeg

Plan is to use that area to mount my bias adjuster 

C09BB39A-0357-4DBD-8F42-BCF36BDC757D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Does automotive enthusiasm seem different to anyone else during the last year? I dont know if it’s just me, other hobbies, house projects, or what, but I think 2020 has been the year I have thought the least about cars since I was 6 years old.

All i’ve really been in the mood for is some Colonel Sanders cosplay and maybe a round of cribbage.

10 hours ago, B C said:

Does automotive enthusiasm seem different to anyone else during the last year? I dont know if it’s just me, other hobbies, house projects, or what, but I think 2020 has been the year I have thought the least about cars since I was 6 years old.

All i’ve really been in the mood for is some Colonel Sanders cosplay and maybe a round of cribbage.

Home projects dominated for me too, lack of places to go/visit don’t help either.

12 hours ago, B C said:

I barely touched my cars this year and didn't auto-x at all (I signed up for 3 and had to cancel on all of them), though I did drive the e30 quite a bit. Buying a house and renovating almost the entire thing has been the main culprit for the lack of car things though, it's been all consuming...

13 hours ago, B C said:

I can 100% say that I'm thinking about it more but that's because of work.  On a personal note I don't think I'm thinking about it less.  I did more home projects but it didn't result in me driving less.  I did my first auto-x, attended a track day and hit some cars and coffee events.  The season wasn't the same for sure but I don't think it was "less" for me.

13 hours ago, B C said:

It was pretty different for me, the highlights of my summer are usually the Lake Mills cars and coffees and Wibimmers events, and obviously neither happened this year. I definitely didn’t drive as much as I normally do (the car was also off the road for a month, which didn’t help) but side hobbies took a fair amount of time away from car stuff. I did a ton of canoeing, hiking and biking this year just to get outside, I guess it just pushed the car stuff out of the way a bit.

I’m thinking this summer will be a bit different, lots of new roads to explore with moving and all that.

13 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

100% same page.

bright side is getting home projects done that i thought were 10+ years down the line

when this shit is over, open bar at my place!  

DSC_5128-Pano_Export.jpg

Bar looks great! I aspire to someday have automotive decor as cool as you do, I wondered if you still had your m60 engine table.

Sweet muskie too. 

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

100% same page.

bright side is getting home projects done that i thought were 10+ years down the line

when this shit is over, open bar at my place!  

That looks fantastic. Our new basement will be 180 to that - a dedicated play space for the kids. lol. 

1 hour ago, m42b32 said:

That looks fantastic!! Gets me excited to start working on my basement eventually

I forgot you were in the middle of a full home reno, too. How's yours going? I took on several projects to save us some money - laying about 1,400 sf of hardwood floors upstairs, building all the closet shelving, building the fireplace mantel, and building/painting built-ins in the kitchen. THEN, when that's all done I'll be starting on finishing the new portion of the basement. Which I found out when taking down the 4x8 sheets of foam board that they only fit down the stairs because they're flexible. All of the drywall will have to go down in 4x4 sheets. *crying inside*

I feel like towards the end of 2020 the e30 was finally getting to a good point that I could drive it more than I worked on it. Excited for 2021 and the new stuff it's getting - but that is buried under a pile of house projects that I need to finish.