WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Lookin' at you 7th district...

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12/11/texas-lawsuit-supreme-court-election-results/

TSlzw2I.png

wqgiu3L.png

I know politics is a sensitive subject and that some people are  going to get their undies in a bundle, but seriously. Please stop.

As an older person, I'd love to get on board with conservatives, but your political party is currently full of wack jobs. Elections aren't decided by the courts or the legislature, they're decided by voters. If you change that, then it's not democracy.

very much agree that the current administration is undermining democracy. its very disheartening.

i have no problems with the losing side using due process to check the election results. important things should be double checked. recount it, sure. 

but now the courts (which had a representation of democratic and republican judges) and election officials have all confirmed the results in that process. you have to accept it.  the supreme court was stacked by the current administration and even they are confirming this is a baseless claim, with no facts to support it. 

if you don't, you didn't learn how to lose in life, you're acting entitled and so you cry. possibly you don't have enough education to have learned critical thinking so you scream conspiracy. you might also be standing up for you side so you don't lose face which makes you gutless and a sheep (like many of the republican officials) 

trump has jedi mind-tricked his followers to believe everything thing he says. i really wonder if there is a limit to that. if Trump tweeted tomorrow "I am the real Savior" I feel like his supporters might open some new churches or say Christianity is a hoax. 

In lighter news...

Did rear brakes today. Passenger side went smooth. Drivers side had at least 1/4" more pad left than the other side which seemed odd, but whatever... Then I couldn't get the new pads to fit in the caliper. Spent a good 20 minutes trying and was starting to wonder if I'm actually mentally handicapped and everyone has just been too nice to say anything.  The jury is still out on that, but the conclusion that I've come to is that the drivers-side caliper has been replaced and is the wrong caliper for a '94.

INq9L3F.png

18 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

very much agree that the current administration is undermining democracy. its very disheartening.

Attempting to undermine democracy. Thankfully the courts have been throwing things out as fast as they come. The thing that disheartened me about this particular case was that a significant portion of congress-critters had signed on to it. I'm further disheartened by the fact the electorate that put those congress-critters in place is probably angry that they're not doing more to undermine the election.

Sorry to say that all of the things we're experiencing in 2020 were predicted way back in the mid 50's. We're a society who's way of life is dependent on fossil fuels. Everything we buy takes energy to make, and that energy comes from fossil fuels. When the price of fuel goes up, the price of everything we buy goes up with it. Because fossil fuels are a finite resource, the production of them will naturally follow a bell-shaped curve. The more we use them, the higher demand and production goes. The highest point on the bell curve is when production hits it's peak, and if the curve is symmetrical, that's also when 50% of the resource has been consumed. We're not there yet. We're at the point where the 2nd derivative goes from positive to negative. Growth (aka the slope) is is still positive, but the change in grown has gone from positive to negative.

PVIo8iS.png

Fooled by the explosive and amazing growth of the past couple hundred years, we figure there's nowhere to go but up.

Well, no, not actually. Things will continue to get better, but not in way that they did in the past. Importantly, the people that will be affected first and most severely will be the people on the margins. The Arab Spring is conjectured to have  been started by a rise in food prices. Nitrogen fertilizers are produced using natural gas. Tractors run on diesel. When the price of fuel goes up, the price of food goes up. When people who are accustomed to a particular lifestyle find that they can't afford to live that lifestyle anymore, they get angry and the target of their anger often happens to be their government. This is exactly what is happening now with the "rural" and "uneducated" parts of America. They are being squeezed by stagnant incomes, fewer opportunities and rising costs and are lashing out.

Gentlemen, do we know anyone in the Chicago/Tinley Park area, or anyone headed that way in the near-ish future?

There's a set of handlebars I really want for my motorcycle but it'd be a 6 hour round trip for me. Would be stoked to work out a pickup deal in exchange for cash monies, back rubs, and expired Taco Bell gift cards.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, SteelBlue said:

@patsbimmer1 “Mike, are you driving right now?”

“No, I’m in the passenger seat. Riding around in the rolls. Eric’s driving”

@patsbimmer1 “Bockhaus?”

*turns video call camera towards me*

”Sup Pat”

@patsbimmer1 “Eric, what the fuck? I expect a full write up on WIBIMMERS” 😂

3E30ED0D-8CEC-4E2A-AA11-36D4119AF539.jpeg

1 hour ago, SteelBlue said:

12E8941E-0A44-4626-B9F7-C1D0CE0DD983.jpeg

CD7DF9A4-4A5D-4391-96C1-91B1E697613D.jpeg

Two bucket list cars in a day.

Do not grab the door piston on the Senna when trying to close the door from the inside. Almost broke my fingers off. In my defense it was dark and my first time closing the door and the bright green piston looked like a handle.

Explain yourself plz

If anyone needs something 3d printed 4 cheeaaap feel free to shoot me a message. 

E30 vent and OBC gauge pods

E30 switch delete plates

E36 A pillar clips

E36 radio delete / door panel repair kit (Top brackets)

318ti 5.25 woofer conversion brackets for the rear

Some of the stuff I've been experimenting with. Doesn't even have to be car related. I can print you a CAT FFS. 

6 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

If anyone needs something 3d printed 4 cheeaaap feel free to shoot me a message. 

E30 vent and OBC gauge pods

E30 switch delete plates

E36 A pillar clips

E36 radio delete / door panel repair kit (Top brackets)

318ti 5.25 woofer conversion brackets for the rear

Some of the stuff I've been experimenting with. Doesn't even have to be car related. I can print you a CAT FFS. 

Friendly competition I see. 

tenor.gif

56 minutes ago, REKIII said:

Build volume is always a key factor in who you pic.  Also, material selection and if you are using a dual head for soluable or break-away support.

Lets get some detes men.

Mine is 200mm cube build surface. I use mostly PLA and PETG. In process of building an enclosure to experiment with ABS and ASA. Single head extruder with breakaway supports. 

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

whoever starts repro'ing dumb plastic bmw clips that always break gets my business

Already started :P 

2 hours ago, Bassboy3313 said:

Mine is 200mm cube build surface. I use mostly PLA and PETG. In process of building an enclosure to experiment with ABS and ASA. Single head extruder with breakaway supports. 

220x220x250mm Same lol