WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

17 minutes ago, straight6pwr said:

the new m3/m4: not even going to give them the satisfaction of reposting the photos. too ugly.

What's truly terrible is that grill will be all anyone can talk about regardless of how well it performs and based on what the S58 is doing in the X3/X4 comp this is going to be an excellent car.  I do like that they're offering actual colors and the carbon seats in the M4 look badass.  I'd say it won't be long until someone "fixes" the front end.  I heard a podcast and I believe it was the owner of Vorsteiner who said something would be out sooner than later.

2 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

What's truly terrible is that grill will be all anyone can talk about regardless of how well it performs and based on what the S58 is doing in the X3/X4 comp this is going to be an excellent car.  I do like that they're offering actual colors and the carbon seats in the M4 look badass.  I'd say it won't be long until someone "fixes" the front end.  I heard a podcast and I believe it was the owner of Vorsteiner who said something would be out sooner than later.

the grill/ugly appearance should be talked about. i think what's terrible is that people will excuse how bad it looks because of how well it performs. it IS possible to have both. 

4 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

the grill/ugly appearance should be talked about. i think what's terrible is that people will excuse how bad it looks because of how well it performs. it IS possible to have both. 

I'm not defending the looks because they're just downright miserable and I'd like to slap whichever group of bean counters thought THIS was the best design.  I will also say that the difference I see in your statement is that looks are subjective while performance is objective.  There will be people who sit and argue that it's not that bad looking and of course they'll be wrong but at the end of the day if it performs phenomenal from behind the wheel then that becomes fact and the looks become a great debate. It also becomes less of a debate when someone figures out how to fix that mug.  Our beloved non-M e30's also look like Honda Accords of the same generation yet everybody swoons over the performance potential of them.  I can't knock someone for buying something because of its performance although in that same breathe I know the vast majority of these new M cars are sold for status and not outright performance when new.

• 2 weeks later...