WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

This week I officially accepted a position with SD Wheel/Fitment Industries/Custom Offsets as the Commodity Manager over Suspension and Accessories and gave notice at my current job.  I'm thrilled to start working with these guys in a segment that i'm so passionate about!

Please don't leave us for wcec pattyman

2 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Please don't leave us for wcec pattyman

I spend about 0% of my day utilizing Facebook right now so actively participating in ANY group on Facebook is unlikely.  I will be working with a few of those guys and everyone I met at the office was really nice and professional.  It seems like a great environment to work in and i'm pretty excited!

37 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I spend about 0% of my day utilizing Facebook right now so actively participating in ANY group on Facebook is unlikely.  I will be working with a few of those guys and everyone I met at the office was really nice and professional.  It seems like a great environment to work in and i'm pretty excited!

Sounds like a great place then. Congrats on the new chapter! 

If you meet a guy named Salem. Aka Salami aka Afro man. Tell him FRSs are better then BRZs.

1 hour ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Are you going to be at the Appleton office then?

When you need a supply chain planner/buyer, give me a shout.

3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I will be at the Appleton office about once a week or so!  We'll be in touch.  Get your resume smudged up.

I actually just went through the process of getting mine up to date and polished.

But their facilities are about 2 mins from my parents place and I live just two exits over from there. Drive past quite frequently. Definitely would like to work in an industry I’m passionate about.

So I had to take a trip into Idaho for work and drove the 128 there. I was about to head back home and was scrolling around the map on my phone, and this caught my eye. 
In my experience google likes to route through some random shit from time to time, so why did it not make this my primary route?! Turns out to be the windiest road in Idaho.
image.png

image.png
Turns out to be excellent condition pavement, massive drop-offs on the downhill side, and a ton of fun. Made a couple laps of it!
I haven't pushed that car too hard before, and I didn't really want to find the limit of it with the consequences that were present, but man that thing really maintains traction. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my first nice cooler a few weeks ago, an Rtic 65. I was very excited about this purchase and the maiden voyage would be IMSA!  Well, FedEx delivered the cooler Thursday at 12:35.  I came home about 7pm to find that there was no cooler even though FedEx tracking said it was delivered.  I reviewed my cameras to find that nobody had entered the driveway all day... I called FedEx and they told me the cooler was delivered at 12:35 and verified my address.  I said great, it wasn't delivered to my house and I have video proof.  She said oh, we'll start an investigation and you'll be contacted between 8am and 3pm the next day (today). By 2:45 I hadn't gotten a call so I called them.  They said it was physically delivered to someone at the house. I told them again, this is impossible because nobody was home AND I HAVE IT ON CAMERA THAT THEY NEVER SHOWED UP.  She said Oh, we'll see if we can get a description of the house and person from the courier.  I asked if I need to call back of of they'll call me.  She assured me I would get a call once it's figured out.  I reached out to Rtic right away and they filed a claim with FedEx but they have to give FedEx 5 days to investigate and IF they say they lost it I get a new one shipped out on 7/29.

My mind is blown in many ways at this point. One, that someone was handed a large fucking cooler and didn't even question it. Two, they never bothered to return it.  Three, FedEx can't fucking figure out where they left a $300 cooler and continues to tell me "it's been delivered".  At this point I have about zero hope that FedEx will find it and/or do the right thing and get me another.

My wife ordered a rather large end table from Wayfair and it was nowhere to be found after tracking said delivered. I mean, this box was very heavy and I needed our trailer to move it from our house to our apartment. She called wayfair and they didn’t even question her and sent a new one right away. 

My point being that’s pretty poor customer service to give you the run around instead of just sending you a new one. 

On 7/25/2020 at 12:07 AM, Boris3 said:

Four, the package actually never made it on the final truck but was still listed as “delivered” ... and it shows up a few days later. In my case it was UPS and came the next day though.

Hope you get it figured out!

I sincerely hope that this is the case but my conversations with FedEx have not been promising.  During my last conversation with FedEx Friday they said the investigation determined it was physically given to someone on delivery according to the delivery person.  I'm sitting on hold currently as they review the "updated" case notes and I just watched the FedEx drive by my house.  I am supposed to receive a call back today by end of day... we'll see how that goes.

On 7/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, gilber33 said:

My wife ordered a rather large end table from Wayfair and it was nowhere to be found after tracking said delivered. I mean, this box was very heavy and I needed our trailer to move it from our house to our apartment. She called wayfair and they didn’t even question her and sent a new one right away. 

My point being that’s pretty poor customer service to give you the run around instead of just sending you a new one. 

I have worked with Wayfair and they are great about that stuff.  Today I sent Rtic some updated notes and they confirmed that regardless they'll be sending out a new cooler on Wednesday for me.  I'm working with them to see if they'll overnight it for free so I have it Friday when I head up for IMSA.

The local FedEx branch in Waukesha reached out to me today and said,

F: "Hi, we were told to contact you about your package.  It shows it was delivered on 7/23 and I talked to my driver who said he delivered it to a person at the address listed."    

Me:  "Yup it does show delivered but it was not delivered to the correct address."

F: "Are we talking about the same package?"

Me: "Um, for tracking number *********?"

F: "Yea, that's it.  Yea it shows delivered and my driver said he gave it to someone."

Me: "Yup, i've been told that and it was not delivered.  I have video footage showing it was never delivered."

F: "Oh... well it looks like a misdelivery then.  You'll have to contact the shipper."

Me: Yup, I did that last week and they said they started a claim with you and had to wait until it was resolved to ship another one on 7/29.

F:"Yea, it's resolved.  I marked it misdelivered.  Anything else?"

So here I sit, waiting for my cooler.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, SteelBlue said:

Some pictures from this weekend. Site compressed the quality, click the images for full resolution.

E TypeC1 CorvetteShadow DN4

Great shots all around. These ones especially remind me of what I love about events at RA. There are things you see there that just seem natural at the time, but if you saw them anywhere else, you'd pretty much lose your shit.

What camera/lens are you you using for the wide-angle shots? Any post-processing?

11 hours ago, HipMF said:

Great shots all around. These ones especially remind me of what I love about events at RA. There are things you see there that just seem natural at the time, but if you saw them anywhere else, you'd pretty much lose your shit.

What camera/lens are you you using for the wide-angle shots? Any post-processing?

Canon T3i, @suspenceful's Sigma 10-20mm(all the pictures were taken on this), and I am just doing level adjustments in the native Apple photos app.