WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

11 minutes ago, Nick_F said:

Just in time for the long 11 day weekend. Gonna do some paint correction and upgrade my subpar hifi speakers in the f10

20200625_194045.jpg

20200625_193841.jpg

I need to paint correct my M roadster in a few weeks. 🤮 I also have a bavsound system in my E36. You wont be disappointed. 

14 minutes ago, Rekpoint said:

I need to paint correct my M roadster in a few weeks. 🤮 I also have a bavsound system in my E36. You wont be disappointed. 

This is my first time doing it. It will be a learning experience for sure but I'm confident I can do a decent job. I will be practicing on my buddies saab 9-2x first but I'm glad to hear that about bavsound. I went back and forth on them and Match for the last week

Don’t know if anyone else here likes golfing, but I love golf. Not great at it, but usually shoot around mid 40s for 9. Been sharing my dads old iron set with my brother for awhile and decided to just get my own to get my own full set of clubs(had my own driver, wedges, putter).

Went with Callaway Preowned’s as I don’t need a $1000+ set of Mizuno’s or Titleist’s for my skill level. Purchased the Callaway XR’s in 5-PW in average condition, but received the XR Pro’s. Not complaining about a free upgrade. 

Felt so good coming off the club when making contact, loving them so far. Birdied the first hole last night with a little 15 foot put. But proceeded to play as usual afterwards lol

9FFCDA06-273B-4503-98A2-9BD402437BE9.jpeg

21 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I'm excellent at drinking on a course.  I have a friend who's a golf pro in California and he's described my swing as "I don't know why that works".  So, you could say I'm kind of an enigma in the golf world.

My drinking is better than par regardless of the location. Haven't swung a club since maybe 2005, but I ain't afraid of looking dumb....

2 hours ago, HipMF said:

My drinking is better than par regardless of the location. Haven't swung a club since maybe 2005, but I ain't afraid of looking dumb....

Problem is all of these "golfers" wanna box you into hitting a ball around the lawn when in reality if you went drink for drink on the course you'd be tiger woods in their world.

1 hour ago, Ryan... said:

I'm terrible at golf, but I do enjoy doing the charity games my friends like to participate in. Whatever it's called where you take the best shot from each round is where it's at, so bad players like me aren't holding the team back.

scramble. those are the best rounds of golf for sure! so much fun. 

10 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

This week I officially accepted a position with SD Wheel/Fitment Industries/Custom Offsets as the Commodity Manager over Suspension and Accessories and gave notice at my current job.  I'm thrilled to start working with these guys in a segment that i'm so passionate about!

Congrats! Sounds like a fun place to work!