WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

1 hour ago, rampelsauce said:

If anyone sees my compact for sale, IT IS A SCAM!

And by S.C.A.M I mean:

Selling

Car for

Adult

Matters

I never claimed to not have ADD.

A Maserati is not an Adult matter..

36 minutes ago, gilber33 said:

Anyone on here have access to Carfax reports? 

I think @wasnt m3 has access, dont quote me on that though. 

I biked downtown Madison today to check out the damage and see if people were still out protesting. There was still a good sized crowd hanging out in the state street corner of the square, maybe 60 to 80 people, and a lot of people like myself just out taking the tour. Every business on state street was boarded up and almost all of the wood now has graffiti or murals painted on it. Unlike what you might see online, 100% of the messages were behind the BLM movement. Probably not surprising, considering it's Madison, but I was surprise how much I was affected by it.

On my way back up state street, there was a young black guy, maybe 18 or 20 laying face-down with his hands behind is back in middle of the East Johnson intersection. Police were already there and were totally chill, just making sure he didn't get run over, but it's really hard to know what to do or how to feel when you're in a situation like that. He was obviously trying to force some kind of confrontation. I was going to just ride away, but I ended up turning around and coming back. By then there were a bunch of people in the street holding signs and taking pictures. There was a lot of that kind of thing happening, just people getting shots to post on social media like "look at me, I'm not racist". I ended up leaving again, but on my 2nd trip back through everything was back to normal like nothing even happened.

Anyway, that's just my experience, but I would recommend going there and checking it out, regardless of where "there" is. It's amazing how de-sensitized to things you can become just seeing them on a screen versus actually being there.

25-40% of businesses on State St won't be returning, they could barely survive coming out of COVID, and now they got smashed to shit and the residents of Madison are cheering this on like it's some great victory for The Movement. It sickens me.

Sorry to be crass, but I've about had it with those fucking idiots. Lives are being ruined over an issue everyone was already 100% behind, save for some redneck fucks with no social influence or presence, save for the media doing their best to hype them up and get people riled up.

Now that downtown has been trashed, they're blocking roads and disrupting traffic, they're doing what should have been obvious as fuck from the beginning; turning everyone against them. gOoD wOrK bOiS!

Well I think the key is differentiating between protesting and rioting.  There are many ways to protest without destroying property of others.  How does that help anything to destroy your own neighborhood?  That is shooting yourself in the foot to spite someone else, but your foot is the thing shot off.  

To clarify I don't know of ANYONE who doesn't think killing George Floyd wasn't murder from excessive and unnecessary force.  The police departments in certain areas have big problems that need to be addressed.  I encourage people to go out and protest for a cause they care about.  But burning buildings, graffiti, breaking windows, etc is rioting not protesting and only hurts any voice you think you have.  And it ruins your own neighborhood in the process.  And if you are going somewhere else to riot and destroy things then even more shame on you.  Would you want people to come and trash your neighborhood for something that has nothing to do with you?

I'm not saying it would have been the right thing to do but it would have been more logical if people burned down the house of the guy that killed George Floyd or maybe drag him out in the street and lynch him.  I'm not saying that should have been done but it would make more sense than destroying random stuff and would also have maybe made some bad cops think twice about acting stupid.

The key is differentiating between protesters and opportunist.  If it were even possible I think we'd be hard pressed to find much crossover between the people rioting and looting and the people protesting. I would venture to say there's less than 1% carryover from the two groups.  The problem I see is that most of us can't separate the two groups.  It's like lumping every Catholic in with every rapist priest or person who drinks alcohol with every alcoholic.  Also, as stated before, I am not a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist but if I look at this from a strategic point of view I see a great way for a group to push an agenda by burning down businesses and looting stores especially when I know the cause and effect won't be clearly defined by the media.

56 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

The key is differentiating between protesters and opportunist.  If it were even possible I think we'd be hard pressed to find much crossover between the people rioting and looting and the people protesting. I would venture to say there's less than 1% carryover from the two groups.  The problem I see is that most of us can't separate the two groups.  It's like lumping every Catholic in with every rapist priest or person who drinks alcohol with every alcoholic.  Also, as stated before, I am not a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist but if I look at this from a strategic point of view I see a great way for a group to push an agenda by burning down businesses and looting stores especially when I know the cause and effect won't be clearly defined by the media.

Exactly, and the reports of black owned businesses being destroyed along with everything else I think is showing that there are opportunistic extremist groups using this to cause chaos.

Some shots from the June Sprints today. Lens was giving me errors all day, 50/50 chance I wouldn't be able to take a picture.

50004002941_72775f3b92_k.jpgCanada Corner by Eric, on Flickr

50004264842_31e9e72f05_k.jpgHurry Downs by Eric, on Flickr

50004003551_34deda4d5d_k.jpgTurn 6 by Eric, on Flickr

50003482898_1b76f70e00_k.jpgCarousel by Eric, on Flickr

50003482943_0d382ed082_k.jpgKettle Bottoms by Eric, on Flickr

50004266182_cf1569605d_k.jpgHurry Downs by Eric, on Flickr

50004266672_0cc45af6e8_k.jpgTurn 6 by Eric, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Boris3 said:

That’s Tim Schreyer in the white EP BMW. The car is light (somewhere in the 2300 lb range I think?), a built m20, and stupid fast. 

I was going to ask if anyone knew him. The car is 2200 lbs. How built is the M20? When I asked(I think it was dad) when they were on the false grid, he said it was a stock M20. Guessing he meant stock as in N/A. Thing is a screamer, sounded great down in the Kettle Bottoms.

Said they ran a 2:29 on Friday which fast for a ~200 some horse power box on wheels.

IMG_7482.jpg

Also saw this up behind 6. Was gutted and had a half cage.

I don’t remember the details on the engine build, my guess is at least cams and overbore. He’s been driving that car for years and always improving it. Ran ITS before EP. ITS weight minimum is 2710 so it’s wild to think of pulling 500 pounds from my car.

I was looking at tire deals tonight and came across what seemed to be too good to be true. It might be. Bridgestone turanza serenity plus for 118 a tire, normally 310. Catch is they are 3 years old. You think a 3 year old new tire is still trustworthy? They also come with a 2 year road hazard warranty that covers 100% reimbursement if they are not repairable or 25 per wheel if they are repairable.

53 minutes ago, Nick_F said:

I was looking at tire deals tonight and came across what seemed to be too good to be true. It might be. Bridgestone turanza serenity plus for 118 a tire, normally 310. Catch is they are 3 years old. You think a 3 year old new tire is still trustworthy? They also come with a 2 year road hazard warranty that covers 100% reimbursement if they are not repairable or 25 per wheel if they are repairable.

I'd stored correctly there's nothing wrong with them. Is it a reputable source?