WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

23 minutes ago, gilber33 said:

You mean Sheboygan's sister city? Home to one of the last remaining Fazoli’s. 

Fazoli’s breadsticks > Olive Garden’s breadsticks

Fazoli’s pizza > Most pizza chain’s pizza

there is still one by HWY 100 and Greenfield in ‘stallis

I bought my first mountain bike tonight and the first bike I've owned in over 10 years that wasn't a BMX bike.  It was at the local bike shop and I looked at it Saturday, liked it but ultimately left. I stopped by today and the owner says "oh I was gonna call you.  That's one of the employees bikes so I could save you some money of you pay cash.  $160.". I said done let me go get my truck.

It's a 2001 GT Aggressor.  Pretty basic but in like new condition and good enough for my needs right now.

IMG_20200602_164158.jpg

42 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

heinous. 

image.png.c567429329cdc43021d3d113517b1d36.png

I have made peace with most designs that I didn’t initially like, but i’m with you. I cant imagine coming back to this post in 5 years and saying “ah, indeed it is a future-classic”.

it harshes my mellow as well

12 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I bought my first mountain bike tonight and the first bike I've owned in over 10 years that wasn't a BMX bike.  It was at the local bike shop and I looked at it Saturday, liked it but ultimately left. I stopped by today and the owner says "oh I was gonna call you.  That's one of the employees bikes so I could save you some money of you pay cash.  $160.". I said done let me go get my truck.

It's a 2001 GT Aggressor.  Pretty basic but in like new condition and good enough for my needs right now.

IMG_20200602_164158.jpg

Nice pick up, looks like new! Planning to ride some single track or just for cruising around? 

15 minutes ago, m42b32 said:

Nice pick up, looks like new! Planning to ride some single track or just for cruising around?

It will largely just be cruising around but I have a few buddies that are really in to single track and have already tried to loop me into a ride.  I've done some single track on borrowed and rented bikes and it's fun but time consuming for something I can't take the rest of the family to do so that'll be limited.

13 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Looks like a good deal.

I ride a similar vintage mountain bike. I've had it since 2000 and have replaced 70-80% of the parts on it since then, so now it's basically custom built just the way I want it. It's built like a tank (30-pound hardtail). It's mostly an urban commuter now, but it's nice to know I can jump some curbs/ride down stairs/whatever and it's not gonna flinch. Plus, I don't look like some spandex-clad fitness freak on a road bike.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:00 AM, HipMF said:

Looks like a good deal.

I ride a similar vintage mountain bike. I've had it since 2000 and have replaced 70-80% of the parts on it since then, so now it's basically custom built just the way I want it. It's built like a tank (30-pound hardtail). It's mostly an urban commuter now, but it's nice to know I can jump some curbs/ride down stairs/whatever and it's not gonna flinch. Plus, I don't look like some spandex-clad fitness freak on a road bike.

I will never forget you chattering your way down copper harbor then blowing random parts off that thing! 
Good times, good times.

1 hour ago, Nick_F said:

I might be going insane but I'm thinking about going the 550i route....

I'd really do your homework on the N63 and what years are the best to buy. I don't know details but I just remember the early cars with would consume oil. They sound great with an exhaust.

2 hours ago, Nick_F said:

I ultimately went with the 535xi so I dont have to worry too much about the snow. It would have been a lot of fun though

Good move. I had a 550i xdrive msport in Colorado for 10 days or so and drove hundreds of miles on it including a canyon run and it was just too heavy and underwhelming.  The difference in power between the N55 and N63 can easily be made up and the N55 does not feel that much slower than the N63 stock for stock.  You made a good choice.