WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

If my count is correct, it was over 10 years ago that I sold my previous e30 to @visian , so it was time to pick up another. 

It’s a 1987 325i 5 speed in schwarz over cardinal. My friend’s parents owned it for the last 10 years but only put 3,000 miles on it during that time, and it’s been stored out of the elements. 

We’ll see if this gets a thread or not. I’m not planning on going crazy with this car. This will be the simple, carefree summer cruiser to serve as a counterpart to the angry, money pit Volvo. 

72352A86-F208-41AA-882D-B495A0BC6890.jpeg

Been doing a lot of homework throughout the work day the past couple of days. Probably 10-15 races down over different time periods. Mostly 90s to early 00s.

The FW17 and the B195 are probably my favorite F1 cars.

Murray Walker for F1 and Paul Page for Indy are such iconic voices.

1 hour ago, gilber33 said:

Anyone track how many miles they get on a tank of gas in their e30 (with an m20)?

I've yet to track it based upon odometer mileage and actual fuel put in, but the OBC generally reads anywhere from 18-19 mpg in mostly city or hard driving all the way up to 24ish on the highway. This is an auto vert with a 4.10 rear end, so keep that in mind.

As far as range, I don't remember exactly what I normally get off the top of my head, but something around 300-325 miles I think is about right (per OBC).

38 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

I've yet to track it based upon odometer mileage and actual fuel put in, but the OBC generally reads anywhere from 18-19 mpg in mostly city or hard driving all the way up to 24ish on the highway. This is an auto vert with a 4.10 rear end, so keep that in mind.

As far as range, I don't remember exactly what I normally get off the top of my head, but something around 300-325 miles I think is about right (per OBC).

Woah. I think I'll be lucky to break 250 on this tank. Oh well. 

i've heard these grandiose tales of 27-30mpgs from 325i e30s. i believe them all to calculated with bad math and/or for the owners to be driving unreasonably boring, hypermiling like a prius owner.

i tracked fuel consumption in my M50 (more efficient than an m20) e30, on an all-highway road trip to Colorado. with a 3.25 rear end,  I was getting 26mpg. granted, the car had lots of gear in it and i was doing 80mph for most 

my m20 e30 that I had for 10 years had an average of around 21mpg, mixed driving.