WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

What do you guys think of changing the water pump on a 335 as preventive maintenance? I'll be dropping the subframe this weekend to tackle my oil pan gasket and am wondering if it's worth just changing it while I have everything out of the way. I'm at 83000 miles 

9 hours ago, HipMF said:

Tried to get some car pics, but my best shot tonight was a tree again.

P5190020 (2)

Love this!  It makes me want to buy a camera.

19 minutes ago, Nick_F said:

What do you guys think of changing the water pump on a 335 as preventive maintenance? I'll be dropping the subframe this weekend to tackle my oil pan gasket and am wondering if it's worth just changing it while I have everything out of the way. I'm at 83000 miles 

Absolutely. they seem to last about 45k so you are likely due for your 2nd

42 minutes ago, B C said:

Love this!  It makes me want to buy a camera.

Thanks Brian. I never  thought I'd be getting into photography, but it's a good excuse to get outdoors and I enjoy the process as much as the results.

17 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

Great shot. I didn't know that Flickr had interactive imbedded images. What link did you post here from the site?

I copied the "embed" link, then on this site I had to switch to the "Source" view and paste it in there.

1 hour ago, Nick_F said:

Yes.

I live in the middle of nowhere about a half hour west of Wausau.  If anyone wants to come there is a cool pizza farm about a mile down the road.  Wood fired pizza ovens, every ingredient grown on his farm.  Also he makes beer too.  Stoney Acres Farm.  I've got 26 acres and a nice basement to crash in.  I would be happy to host a meetup if anyone wants to come.

1 hour ago, HipMF said:

Compact decided to puke out it's coolant and severely overheat on the highway yesterday. Pretty sure it's toast. Currently car shopping/exploring my options...

i’d gladly donate to the M42/M44 replacement fund if you decide to drop a used motor in

9 hours ago, B C said:

i’d gladly donate to the M42/M44 replacement fund if you decide to drop a used motor in

Funds aren't an issue, it's just the logistics of getting around right now. The person I normally ask to drive me around when my car is broken is sheltering-in-place because her 80yr old father lives with her. I was on my way home from covid testing when the car blew up (been running a mild fever since Wednesday), so that's not gonna work. We have a work-van that I could borrow to go get an engine from my storage unit, but it's an M42, not an M44, should be easy enough to get running though... That's probably the best option, I just don't know if I'm passionate enough about the compact to want to do the work right now. It's never really lived up to my expectations. I got spoiled driving the e34 and the transition to the base-model-AF compact wasn't very satisfying.

Just need to find a ride to Nebraska...

NMzX3gc.jpg

https://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/d/lincoln-2003-bmw-540i-6-speed-manual/7122073438.html