WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Took the Konica 1.4 apart. I got most of the gunk out of it and it's a lot sharper now. Once I get the right cleaners, I'll have to get back in there to remove what's left of the fungus. Since I'll be taking it apart again anyway, I figured I'd have some fun and put a piece of cardboard with a square hole cut in it behind the aperture. Square bokeh! 🤣

XF8WyPV.jpg

35 minutes ago, HipMF said:

Took the Konica 1.4 apart. I got most of the gunk out of it and it's a lot sharper now. Once I get the right cleaners, I'll have to get back in there to remove what's left of the fungus. Since I'll be taking it apart again anyway, I figured I'd have some fun and put a piece of cardboard with a square hole cut in it behind the aperture. Square bokeh! 🤣

That's a really cool effect! I wonder what it'd look like in more general photography of like cars and stuff?

24 minutes ago, P_Roloff said:

That's a really cool effect! I wonder what it'd look like in more general photography of like cars and stuff?

I do find it pretty entertaining, but for most purposes I think it would be distracting. It kind of pulls focus off of the subject which is usually the opposite of what you're trying to do.

4 hours ago, wasnt m3 said:

@The Full Banana I've got a Dinan ecu for that car, if you're interested. 

Good to know. I've debated whether or not I want to go down the dark road of engine/tune modifications on this car. I'm probably picking up an e30 vert in the next week, so I'm trying to avoid other unnecessary expenses for a bit.

2 hours ago, B C said:

Oh no. Based on the profiles that are commenting on this guys stuff i’m pretty sure he is serious.

https://www.instagram.com/equinox_srt/

A Chevy Equinox only deserves to have 1 photo taken of it. The purpose of that photo is to encourage customers to pay for an upgrade at the Budget Rent-A-Car desk.

It can't be real.  It just can't.  How can someone actually do these things and not knowingly do it because they think it's funny to have "haters".  I can't accept that someone is doing it because they think it's tasteful.

6 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

It can't be real.  It just can't.  How can someone actually do these things and not knowingly do it because they think it's funny to have "haters".  I can't accept that someone is doing it because they think it's tasteful.

the thing is about those who do it to have 'haters':

they actually like their terrible cars.

but when they see no one else likes it, but gives them negative attention, they play it off all ironically. "LOL guys i'm not serious" and make it worse for more attention. 

my point is, either way that guy thinks his car is tits.