WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

43 minutes ago, SteelBlue said:

Also, @Jdesign I just realized your car has been my Flickr icon for the past however many years.

I just started a flickr account like 2 days ago because I'm bored and I figured everyone here is probably sick of me going on and on about cameras. The internet led me to believe there was some kind of community there, but I haven't found it yet. I'm too cool for the gram or fb; not sure what else to do with this stuff...

14 minutes ago, HipMF said:

I just started a flickr account like 2 days ago because I'm bored and I figured everyone here is probably sick of me going on and on about cameras. The internet led me to believe there was some kind of community there, but I haven't found it yet. I'm too cool for the gram or fb; not sure what else to do with this stuff...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've enjoyed seeing your camera and photography related posts, and I'm learning a little even so I'd say carry on. The shots lately have been awesome too.

21 minutes ago, HipMF said:

Your best bet for a community is either Instagram or Reddit for more camera focused discussion.

Flickr is just a good hosting site for high res images.

53 minutes ago, HipMF said:

r/photography? what are the good subs?

I would check in the sidebar of that sub. They will usually link to other more niche ones. Usually the larger ones aren’t great, but wouldn’t hurt to subscribe to it as well.

r/Analog is a smaller one but posts a lot of good film stuff.

2 hours ago, HipMF said:

I figured everyone here is probably sick of me going on and on about cameras.

I may not know what the flying F you're talking about, but I appreciate reading about it and seeing the photos! 

Side note: can we talk about how great stance works photo's are? Their race coverage photos are something else.

This is one that cycles through as my background
image.png

4 minutes ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I may not know what the flying F you're talking about, but I appreciate reading about it and seeing the photos! 

Side note: can we talk about how great stance works photo's are? Their race coverage photos are something else.

This is one that cycles through as my background
image.png

There are times when I disagree strongly with the cars that they feature, but the photography is always on point. I don't know what it is, but there is a certain something that makes their style unique. DOF is never too shallow, lighting is always great.... not sure what else, but it's very recognizable.

51 minutes ago, HipMF said:

There are times when I disagree strongly with the cars that they feature, but the photography is always on point. I don't know what it is, but there is a certain something that makes their style unique. DOF is never too shallow, lighting is always great.... not sure what else, but it's very recognizable.

post-processing filters. also, the motion blue in those race shots is enhanced. the back half of that z4 isnt moving slower than the front half. 

he's a great photographer, though! your right about the lighting and DOF. probably using a big 'ol $3,000 200mm prime lens to achieve those great blurry fore and backgrounds in his standard car shots.