WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

4 hours ago, B C said:

m3forum has the best information for S54 stuff by far but the site is glitchy as crap. It only seems to work between like 9am and 9pm and my multiple attempts to register and email the admins for activation help have fallen on deaf ears.

Sounds like it's going the way of e30tech... RIP

Edit: My computer is listening to me, just scrolled past this not even 3 minutes later:

image.png

5 hours ago, B C said:

m3forum has the best information for S54 stuff by far but the site is glitchy as crap. It only seems to work between like 9am and 9pm and my multiple attempts to register and email the admins for activation help have fallen on deaf ears.

They were doing daily backups at night so thats probably why.

I resisted the urge to pull the e21 out of storage while I was there. I did take the snows off the compact though, so if it snows next week it's partially my fault, but I wanted to try on the style 30s that I picked up recently. So 90's.

7uflTTC.png

They're wrapped in some 600 treadwear falken all-seasons that grip about as well as you would expect. Ride quality is much improved over the koseis, which is what I was going for (it's official; I'm old). Kosei K1s will be for sale once I clean them up and take some pictures, if anyone is interested.

1 hour ago, HipMF said:

I resisted the urge to pull the e21 out of storage while I was there. I did take the snows off the compact though, so if it snows next week it's partially my fault, but I wanted to try on the style 30s that I picked up recently. So 90's.

7uflTTC.png

They're wrapped in some 600 treadwear falken all-seasons that grip about as well as you would expect. Ride quality is much improved over the koseis, which is what I was going for (it's official; I'm old). Kosei K1s will be for sale once I clean them up and take some pictures, if anyone is interested.

I love the wheels and the side skirts on the car. The silver also looks great in that setting.

3 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

ill tell ya what, we need to schedule a drive in the midst of this.

none of us have to get out of the cars

we will plan the route ahead of time and make sure everyone is on the same page. 

the roads will be so open i bet! 

I'm very in for that!

6 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

I love the wheels and the side skirts on the car. The silver also looks great in that setting.

Thanks. The blue color and the shiny metal stuff is what made me decide to stop there to take a picture. I have spent some time "working" on my photography (~4500 pictures taken since I bought my DSLR), but mostly I rely on luck and intuition. It seems to be working for me. For some reason my brain thinks this one should smell like a public pool. 🤣

On 3/29/2020 at 10:58 AM, HipMF said:

I did take the snows off the compact though,

Where's @KaiserRolls I believe he said it snowed by him 🤣

On 3/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, straight6pwr said:

ill tell ya what, we need to schedule a drive in the midst of this.

none of us have to get out of the cars

we will plan the route ahead of time and make sure everyone is on the same page. 

the roads will be so open i bet! 

I agree. I saw a bunch of cars on the freeway cruising together yesterday.

21 minutes ago, patsbimmer1 said:

Are those thoughts related or are you rambling?

Choose your own adventure:

1) The Protagonist is rambling: The reader must imagine separate paragraphs were used for both thoughts.

2) The Protagonist's thoughts are related: The Protagonist has encountered a superiorly styled M3 in the wild and can no longer bring himself to be seen in public

41 minutes ago, B C said:

Choose your own adventure:

1) The Protagonist is rambling: The reader must imagine separate paragraphs were used for both thoughts.

2) The Protagonist's thoughts are related: The Protagonist has encountered a superiorly styled M3 in the wild and can no longer bring himself to be seen in public

like many good choose your own adventure books, both paths lead to the same ending

All of Wibimmers is sad Brian is not around. 

I'm excited for Coronavirus to be over for two reasons: 

1. To have our normal life back. 
  2. To stop hearing co-workers regurgitate information they read on the internet like they're coronavirus experts. 

EDIT: Found the rare and sought after P95 filters for my painting respirator at Neu's in Menomonee Falls. They are completely sold out online or have 2-3mo shipping times.