WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

I got tired of getting stuck in my Land Cruiser with open differentials so I ordered a Spartan auto locker for the rear axle.  I probably should have gotten one a long time ago, it was only about 270$  I couldn't justify spending 800+ for an ARB or other selectable locker.  I'm pretty excited to see how much it helps.  Open differentials are worse with stiff/lift springs like I have because if it doesn't flex well then there are 2 tires with less grip and they will just spin.  With a locker and my Treadwright M/T tires it should dig pretty good through the woods and snow.

Spartan locker installed in the LC rear axle.  I should have done that years ago.  Incredibly more grip, I have Treadwright Mud tires with "Kedge Grip" the walnut shells and glass in the rubber which help immensely on packed snow and ice.  It should be pretty unstoppable in the woods now.  My mother-in-law has a '17 4Runner TRD, I keep telling my father-in-law he needs to get rid of the highway tires and put some real tires on it.  The new tech in the 4Runner is pretty cool, dynamic sway bars, etc.  But it's also so nice that driving it through the woods would be psychologically painful, whereas I can't discern new scratches and dents from what was there before on my LC.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Rekpoint said:

Can we get an F in chat for m3fourm.net. Another-one bites the dust. 

Edit: It sucks because alot of good how-tos and general info were lost. Nobody knows exactly what happened. 

m3forum has the best information for S54 stuff by far but the site is glitchy as crap. It only seems to work between like 9am and 9pm and my multiple attempts to register and email the admins for activation help have fallen on deaf ears.